× Members

ESA reassessment cancelled

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132797 by PO
Replied by PO on topic ESA reassessment cancelled
Hi
Just a update I received letters from both DWP and CHDA due to me writing and complaining to them as noESA50 form was sent to me before a F2F WCA appointment was sent out, as I have already mentioned earlier in this post. I aso wrote to them both with an up date on my health condition before the WCA so they could use this instead of an out of date ESA50.
The DWP have confirmed that in my case in February 2015 "There was no requirement for a further ESA50 to be completed as this was a continuation of the referral made in December 2013."
Both have mentioned that "My case has been reviewed by a healthcare professional and they have advised the DWP that in their opinion I meet the DWP's ESA Support Group criteria, this is because you provided further medical evidence to support your case in addition to the evidence we already held". I have not received any confirmation from the office that deals with my case regarding their decision to date.
Another quote from the DWP repl says, "In August 2014 ATOS undertook your WCA on scrutiny and recommended that you be placed in WRAG. However, ATOS should not have moved you from the SG to the WRAG without undertaking a face to face assessment.". So they continued payments at the ESA SG rate.
Just one question, should I request the report and information used to decide my claim, even though confirmation has not been received by myself?
Many thanks for all your help
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 weeks ago #132805 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA reassessment cancelled

PO wrote: Hi
Just a update I received letters from both DWP and CHDA due to me writing and complaining to them as noESA50 form was sent to me before a F2F WCA appointment was sent out, as I have already mentioned earlier in this post. I aso wrote to them both with an up date on my health condition before the WCA so they could use this instead of an out of date ESA50.
The DWP have confirmed that in my case in February 2015 "There was no requirement for a further ESA50 to be completed as this was a continuation of the referral made in December 2013."
Both have mentioned that "My case has been reviewed by a healthcare professional and they have advised the DWP that in their opinion I meet the DWP's ESA Support Group criteria, this is because you provided further medical evidence to support your case in addition to the evidence we already held". I have not received any confirmation from the office that deals with my case regarding their decision to date.
Another quote from the DWP repl says, "In August 2014 ATOS undertook your WCA on scrutiny and recommended that you be placed in WRAG. However, ATOS should not have moved you from the SG to the WRAG without undertaking a face to face assessment.". So they continued payments at the ESA SG rate.
Just one question, should I request the report and information used to decide my claim, even though confirmation has not been received by myself?
Many thanks for all your help

Great News PO !! :cheer:

Well done for challenging the non provision of an ESA50 !!

Thanks for returning to let us know, and please provide an update when you receive your SG Award Decision Notice Letter.

You can request all the documentation used in coming to the decision, it may be best to wait until you have received the Decision Notice.

Have a read through : This Post in anticipation of receiving the above.

bro58

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133529 by PO
Hi
Just wanted to update this post, I have received a letter from the DWP office that deals with my claim and it start with;
"Your claim for employment and support allowance"
"Changes in the employment and support allowance rates payable"
It continues;
We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.

And then it explains that the ESA rates are going up in April 2015. The back page of the three page letter breaks down how the ESA has been worked out, which includes the line "Extra money because you are in the support group"

As I explained earlier in this post I was waiting for confirmation of DWP reassessment, so my question is, do you think this letter is the decision notice?
Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133556 by bro58

PO wrote: Hi
Just wanted to update this post, I have received a letter from the DWP office that deals with my claim and it start with;
"Your claim for employment and support allowance"
"Changes in the employment and support allowance rates payable"
It continues;
We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.

And then it explains that the ESA rates are going up in April 2015. The back page of the three page letter breaks down how the ESA has been worked out, which includes the line "Extra money because you are in the support group"

As I explained earlier in this post I was waiting for confirmation of DWP reassessment, so my question is, do you think this letter is the decision notice?
Many thanks

Hi PO,

No, I do not "think" it is a Decision Notice letter.

It sounds very much like the normal annual uprating letter that all benefit claimants receive around this time of year to inform claimants of their annual rise from 06/04/15.

If you are still unsure, you need to ring ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133568 by PO
Hi bro58
Thank you for getting back so soon, I had a letter in February of this year saying about a change in benefit rates in April and that did not mention "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change." Also the recent letter is much longer, saying I am entitled to both CB and IR esa, CB ESA is taxable and that the DWP will continue to credit me with NI contributions while I receive ESA, all very confusing.
Would I be able to write to the dwp to request the decision notice as I never phone them due to the treatment I recieved from them in the past or just wait for the decision notice to turn up at some point in the future?
Thank you for your help

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133578 by bro58

PO wrote: Hi bro58
Thank you for getting back so soon, I had a letter in February of this year saying about a change in benefit rates in April and that did not mention "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change." Also the recent letter is much longer, saying I am entitled to both CB and IR esa, CB ESA is taxable and that the DWP will continue to credit me with NI contributions while I receive ESA, all very confusing.
Would I be able to write to the dwp to request the decision notice as I never phone them due to the treatment I recieved from them in the past or just wait for the decision notice to turn up at some point in the future?
Thank you for your help

Hi PO,

Yes, it can be confusing !

If you don't wish to phone, you could write to the the address of The Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent ESA letter.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You might also find : This Post interesting.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.