× Members

ESA Reassessment date

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139330 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Reassessment date

pusscatsmum wrote: Late/unknown re assessment dates are a bug bear.

Some get an assessment within the given time scale and others well who knows when they will be re assessed.
Some are over 2 yrs from the re assessment date.

In a way this is grossly unfair for those that do get their re assessment within the time scale i.e ' you will be re assessed in 205 June', and a new ESA50 form drops on the mat in June.

I wish the DWP/Maximus or whoever would simply turn around and state all re assessments will have a 1 or 2 yr delay, thus being a bit fairer on one and all.

Its not fair that some can be left for a few yrs still obtaining ESA, who might well not be entitled to it, whereas others who get the dreaded form on the mat have to fight to still obtain ESA, who should be getting it without an aurgument/appeal etc.

So far it seems the problems are in certain areas, however that does not always follow.

It certainly annoys me that the DWP/Maximus etc can get away with their shoddiness, deliberate obtuseness along with pretty poor work ethics for as long as they do.

It is about time Disability groups or whoever bring this poignant point to the MP's and powers that be, to try and sort this infringment of disabily rights.

Hi PCM,

Unfair it may be !!

However, legally, there is no argument to be made !!

The recommended date for reassessment of any ESA Award, (The Prognosis) is just that, a recommendation.

The Prognosis does not form a legal part of the ESA Award.

In law, all and any ESA claimants can be reassessed any time after 3 months from the date of the award.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139339 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hiya,

I know, and realise no leg to stand on, sorry re the pun to some.

It was a rant after reading so many in this situation of getting longer waits for a re assessment, whereas others get it straight away on their date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #139340 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic ESA Reassessment date
I am the other member Bro 58 was talking about not having a reassessment date.
As of yet I have still not heard anything. My review date was October 2013.
All you can do is wait.
CM
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, alzon, ves

More
8 years 9 months ago #139357 by robm
Replied by robm on topic ESA Reassessment date
was placed back in the support group last August but only 1 year so my reassessment is due on the 20th of this month but won't hold my breath on that l may give them a phone to see what the score is what do you think ?

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139360 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Reassessment date

robm wrote: was placed back in the support group last August but only 1 year so my reassessment is due on the 20th of this month but won't hold my breath on that l may give them a phone to see what the score is what do you think ?

Hi rm,

There is really not much more to say than has already been said in this topic, and in many other similar topics on the same subject !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139361 by robm
Replied by robm on topic ESA Reassessment date
I guess your right
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.