× Members

ESA Reassessment date

More
8 years 9 months ago #139513 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic ESA Reassessment date
I'm so glad you started this topic as I was due to be reassessed in August 2013 and still haven't heard anything, in spite of previously being reassessed every year without fail. I am in the support group. If, as you all seem to be saying, a phone call will not trigger a reassessment, then I feel a lot more positive about phoning and will make my phone call on Monday. I know it's not fair on applicants who haven't been deferred, but for myself, every month that goes by without the dreaded letter is such a huge relief.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139549 by heartandmind
Replied by heartandmind on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hi,

I am in the support group and was awarded for 2 years which was due for re-assessment in January 2016. I rang them up today to see if it has been deferred and they said the date is the same.

I asked if there is any chance that it could be deferred to a later date and they said yes it could happen, most usually if their condition is less likely to change in the near future.

I asked that if I call them nearer the time will it show if I have been deferred, and she said not necessarily.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139560 by alzon
Replied by alzon on topic ESA Reassessment date
my experience of the call centre at the DWP is that they stick to the official line 100% and don't speculate or deviate from the computer.

I called a while back when ATOS quit and the person assured me I would be reassessed when my date was up and they had no input on my questions regarding people being deferred due to any backlog. they just (as you would expect) stuck to the official comments.

not much use except for getting your official date, but I would suggest calling nearer the time and seeing if its changed as it cant do any harm, but plan for the date given in the meantime.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139564 by heartandmind
Replied by heartandmind on topic ESA Reassessment date
Thanks I agree, and I'll call them again.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139566 by melady
Replied by melady on topic ESA Reassessment date
heartand mind,
I had previously rang the DWP in June to ask what my date of reassessment was and was told october 2015 so I left it for a couple of months and then rang again in August and the date given had changed and was October 2017.

I would suggest that you leave it until 6-8 weeks before your due date and then try again.

Best of luck,

melady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, heartandmind

More
8 years 9 months ago #139617 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hi to all members and Mods,

Just to let you all know that I plucked up the courage to call DWP(call centre) today and asked if they had an assessment date for my husband, he is in the S/G.

I was honest with the chap on the other end and confirmed that, according to the paperwork we had, he was due for an assessment in July 2015 and we hadn't heard from DWP.

He was a bit confused and told me that there was nothing on the system to that effect of being assessed in July 2015, so I asked him to see when my husband was to be assessed on the screen. He told me, May 2016.

This date is not as long as some peoples, who have shared this on the forum, but it's still almost a year away and gives us that bit more peace of mind.

For those of you who are worried of triggering an assessment by making that call, please don't worry as it won't and will certainly give you that bit of peace of mind, which is good for your well being.

Regards
Radhika
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.