× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 4 months ago #147032 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147051 by sally-jane
Re our asking for a second extension due to time constraints with posting etc.
We have been granted just under a week which suits us fine.

So instead of it being returned by the 3rd Jan, it now has to be returned by the 8th Jan.

Very happy with this, so it is good to ask for an extension or two if you need it.

We have all our paperwork in place from GP's etc, present and historic.
We have written up a very rough copy of what we want to put on the form and extra pages etc.
Now all I have to do is re write it neatly, type up what to put on the extra pages. R view it again.
Finally write the form up with any changes we deem neccessary, along with the typed pages and put it altogether along with a cover letter.
All loose pages with name, NIno etc.

Would you think it prudent in any of the boxes to state a reminder for them to look at the GP report and OT Report etc,as a back up to ensure they view the additional paperwork. ?

We surmise the additional paperwork including GP Reports, (Consultant reports, historic mainly but does confirm info from accident in 1996), OT and MP Letter of support and the continuation pages for each question that does not fit in the silly little boxes etc to be approx 20 pages, maybe a few pages less.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #147058 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP and the start of the process
Hi

With everything itemised it might not be a bad idea to reference the evidence in the claim form so they can see the answer on the form and go to the relevant page(s) to see the supporting evidence.
If they subsequently produce a report which clearly shows they did not read the supporting evidence this should make it easier to compile the submission for the appeal :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #147170 by sally-jane
Hiya,

Well we think we have finally completed the form all bar one or two bits of info.
Help please.

Question.
List all paperwork attached box and last question after question 15.?
Shall I squeeze the list og reports,letters etc here or will a covering letter do?

I have done a covering letter listing all the paperwork attached, 12 reports letters from GP's, Consultants,OT,Ophthalmologist, M.P, E.S.A report which is good, Ind Inj reports highlighting medical/mental health probs and disabilities - 15 pages and 3 pages which include Aids list,continuation sheet and the covering letter.
Will this suffice?

The small box after question 15 where you state needs you have, what really do they want here please.

All will be posted special delivery tomorrow after photocopying the lot to keep.

Thank you

More
8 years 4 months ago #147179 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process

pusscatsmum wrote: Hiya,

Well we think we have finally completed the form all bar one or two bits of info.
Help please.

Question.
List all paperwork attached box and last question after question 15.?
Shall I squeeze the list og reports,letters etc here or will a covering letter do?

I have done a covering letter listing all the paperwork attached, 12 reports letters from GP's, Consultants,OT,Ophthalmologist, M.P, E.S.A report which is good, Ind Inj reports highlighting medical/mental health probs and disabilities - 15 pages and 3 pages which include Aids list,continuation sheet and the covering letter.
Will this suffice?

The small box after question 15 where you state needs you have, what really do they want here please.

All will be posted special delivery tomorrow after photocopying the lot to keep.

Thank you

PIP Claim guide page 63. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #147181 by sally-jane
Many thanks.

Phew, finally completed this missile!!!

We have completed a covering letter to be placed on the front and again on the rear of the PIP2 form where the listed 25 pages of GP/OT/MP and other Consultant,Ophthalmology reports etc are located.

We have photocopied the lot in order to keep a copy for myself and one to be sent to the M.E Dorset Trust who assisted us in our first draft.

Tomorrow I shall get it sent Special Delivery so that it gets there before the Thursday deadline.

It has not been an easy process, primarily due to the fact my husband is not at all well since being diagnosed with Diabetes in September and has now under the GP for further tests as his symptoms and problems are increasing, they are now testing again for Pancreatic Cancer to name but a few things.
It feels as tho my husband was snatched away in the night about a year ago and I was left with a shell.
Not good as he is my main carer, works full time as well, and he now no longer is really fit to be able to undertake this task.

Our next job once this is all sorted is to have yet another Adult Social care OT Assessment and a Carers Assessment.

Many thanks for all the help I and others have received from you all.

I do hope my journey helps others to go ahead and complete the forms however horrendous they find it all.

Perhaps some of my questions have helped others who struggle with it all.

Many thanks

Chin up
xxx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.