× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 2 months ago #152252 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Many thanks

I shall also email my MP, who is very supportive to let them know the latest too, they may very well try and hurry things along.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152499 by sally-jane
update,

This morning returned to a pile of post and included was a dreaded 'Brown Envelope'.
Sat down to open it as it seemed rather a thick letter.
Opened it to find a usual uprating letter telling me that my DLA was still there with the new amounts for high rate Mobility/Care.

So still waiting for the dreaded brown envelope with whether or not I have successfully claimed PIP and for what amount etc etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 2 months ago #152886 by sally-jane
Latest update.

A thud on the mat heralded a 'Brown Envelope'.

With shaky hands I opened the said letter.

10 pages of information.

It states my DLA will end on the 29th March and tht your PIP will then commence from the 30th March.

Amongst all the information, which does take some reading, evaluating and understanding, it goes on to say that I have been awarded the following;

The Daily living component of PIP at the 'Enhanced Rate' for 'An Ongoing period'.
The Mobility component of PIP at the 'Enhanced Rate' for an 'Ongoing period'.

Your mobility agreement will continue.

Amongst it all I have been awarded 42 points for the Daily Living component and 24 points for the Mobility component.

I presume that is a fairly good amount of points or in other words goodness it really shows how poorly I am.

(Next round will be some time this year for my next ESA after the three year award is finished once again.
I shall send the PIP stuff with it tho to show them then amongst all the other stuff one has to include .)

Two questions.

Does the 'Ongoing Award' relate to the same as an 'Indefinite award' when it was DLA?

For future reference whom do I contact and for what do I ask for in relation to SAR etc so I can keep it all on file for when needed again?.

Many thanks
xx

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152891 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP and the start of the process

pusscatsmum wrote: Latest update.

A thud on the mat heralded a 'Brown Envelope'.

With shaky hands I opened the said letter.

10 pages of information.

It states my DLA will end on the 29th March and tht your PIP will then commence from the 30th March.

Amongst all the information, which does take some reading, evaluating and understanding, it goes on to say that I have been awarded the following;

The Daily living component of PIP at the 'Enhanced Rate' for 'An Ongoing period'.
The Mobility component of PIP at the 'Enhanced Rate' for an 'Ongoing period'.

Your mobility agreement will continue.

Amongst it all I have been awarded 42 points for the Daily Living component and 24 points for the Mobility component.

I presume that is a fairly good amount of points or in other words goodness it really shows how poorly I am.

(Next round will be some time this year for my next ESA after the three year award is finished once again.
I shall send the PIP stuff with it tho to show them then amongst all the other stuff one has to include .)

Two questions.

Does the 'Ongoing Award' relate to the same as an 'Indefinite award' when it was DLA?

For future reference whom do I contact and for what do I ask for in relation to SAR etc so I can keep it all on file for when needed again?.

Many thanks
xx

Hi pcm,

That is fantastic news !!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

It must be a great relief to you as I know that you put a lot of time and effort into your PIP 2 Form etc, but it has paid off for you !!!! :)

On the premise that you only need 12 points for an Enhanced DL and/or Mobility Award, you have "battered" that by a "country mile" !! :)

Yes, an "Ongoing Award" is the longest award and is comparable to a DLA Indefinite Award.

Ongoing awards will only be given in a very small minority of cases where you are unlikely to get either better or worse.

Although any PIP Award can be checked at any time for any reason while the award is still in force to verify that there has been no change of circumstances, I would not expect them to re-contact you for at least 10 years !!!!!

You could request "All" documentation used in making the PIP Decision and this can be done by using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the address of The Benefits Office/Centre dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152901 by sally-jane
Good afternoon,

Many thanks for the reply and answer to my questions.

I do hope my journey thru the minefield and pitfalls of claiming PIP will help others.

Good luck out there one and all

xxxxxx

More
8 years 2 months ago #152917 by sally-jane
Hi there,

Would this suffice to be sent for an SOR re my PIP, please.
Any suggestions or otherwise would be grateful.

----
07/03/2016

To whom it may concern,

Re National Insurance REF xxxxxxxx

Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I received a letter dated xxx re my claim for PIP.
It states I have been successfully placed within the Enhanced component for an Indefinite period for both Care and Mobility, which is correct, thank you.

I wish to be provided with copies of all the evidence used by the Decision Maker – DM/ Health Care Professional - HCP in reaching the decision dated xxxxx in relation to my application and subsequent decision to be placed in the Enhanced component of PIP for both Care and Mobility.

This evidence should include:
The completed PIP Form and any other forms pertaining to my case.
Any queries, requests for clarification, correspondence, memos, emails or other communications between Atos HCP and the D.M in relation to my claim or any notes or records of conversations between Atos and the DWP and any medical evidence from HCP’s such as my GP or Consultant etc. that they asked for.
Any other evidence considered by the DM in reaching their decision.
In addition, I wish to be provided with a copy of any worksheet, score sheet or any similar document which sets out which descriptors, exemptions or exceptional circumstances the D M considered applied and did not apply to me and any other documents which set out the justification for the decision reached in my case.

As the decision made was the correct one and placed me in the Enhanced group of PIP for both the Care and Mobility component for an Indefinite period – the current maximum length of award, I am happy with the decision made.

I look forward to receiving the said statements of reasons in due course.
I am Mrs xxxx’s carer and husband and have completed this letter on her behalf.

Yours faithfully,

Looking forward to seeing what you think of my letter above

xxxx

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.