× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #158229 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process

pusscatsmum wrote: Hi one and all,

Here we are well over 2 months and still waiting for a copy of my SAR, despite our prominent MP's involvement.

Talk about the DWP dragging their feet.

Almost makes one feel as though they are delving too deep and will come up with a problem and rescind the PIP Award set at enhanced for care/ mobility for an ongoing period.
Or is this just paranoia setting in, or could they have changed their minds ???

If it has been more than 40 calendar days since the request was submitted then you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago #158851 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Well here is the latest.

After my MP got involved cos I had not received a reply from DWP re my SAR, this is the latest from the DWP.
It will make you laugh.

Letter dated 16th May 2016 from DWP.

Dear Mrs xxxx

Request for personal information.

Thank you for your letter asking for Personal Information held by the DWP which was received by the Personal Independent Payment team on the 10.03.2016.

You have asked for the following information:

Clerical and Computer records for:-
Personal Independence Payment.

We will issue the records as soon as possible.
Records should be issued within 40 days, please accept our apologies for the delay in our response.
Unfortunately your request was not received by the Subject Access Request Team in Cardiff until today.

If you wish to discuss this matter please contact me at the number given at the top of the page.

So I wonder how long it will take them to deal with it and I wonder why they have been so tardy!!!???

I will keep you updated as and when !!!!

More
8 years 6 days ago #158908 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic PIP and the start of the process
Hi Pcm
I have just been reading your posts, and would like to congratulate you on your pip award, my best wishes to you in your future endeavours with the dwp.
rapheal

More
8 years 5 days ago #158934 by sally-jane
Good morning Rapheal,

Many thanks for your kind comments.

Gosh, I have just read it all myself, sorry it was such a long read, however I do hope it helps others going thru it all.

It all sounds horrendous, however in bite size pieces as it happens, throughout the journey, it does not seem so much trouble.

One has just got to get on with it and stand back every now and then.

Many thanks for all the help, I, and others receive from all the mods etc.
Without you people, we would all be running around in ever decreasing circles, getting absolutely no where.

Good luck out there
xxxx

More
8 years 5 days ago #158938 by Jo
Replied by Jo on topic PIP and the start of the process
Thanks for sharing your journey, I am just starting out after being on DLA for life - just been invited to apply for a PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #161005 by sally-jane
Good afternoon,

Finally I have received my SAR, only waited 100 days to receive it !!!!
The paperwork is interesting and barmy to say the least.

From the start of my beginning to migrate from DLA to PIP, and receiving the outcome it has gone thru 15 different people. All opening and closing their part of the process !!!!!, as noted on their schedule of events.
The first person stated they had not received enough data to have a 'paper based assessment, and hence the long drawn out process.

(It has been agreed that they did indeed receive enough extra data and plenty of information on the form and added paperwork to be completed as a paper based assessment, however they failed to read the enclosed form or paperwork!!!!)

The HCP noted that there was more than sufficient to provide a paper based assessment, however she conducted the assessment and her copy is enclosed.
As many have stated the generic bumph is rather similar to one and all and often must be in reference to another person.
But at the end of the day it does provide me with a reasonable assessment in writing by the HCP, and ends up by stating that No further assessments are deemed necessary as further deterioration will indeed occur with the multiple medical problems accounted for.

Plenty of inaccuracies in what was said or what paperwork was read and provided by myself and then churned out so differently, obviously reading are not strong points of a DM/HCA or others.

There was no mention in the paperwork in regards to their failure to respond within 40 days after I asked for an SAR, despite a copy of the letter attached dated early March which I sent to them,or indeed whoever passed it on from pillar to post, or whom lost it or forgot to deal with it!!!!

Some of the paperwork will be useful for the ESA which is due at some point within the next 4 months after a 3 year stint in the SG.

I do suggest that those who do obtain their SAR, that they read fully the piles of strange paperwork one receives (over 100 pages).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.