× Members

PIP renewal.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167748 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP renewal.
Hi. So I have my Tribunal next week. Very anxious about it.
I have been given some new medication from the doctor yesterday. Due to my anxiety levels being very high over the last few years. I didn't know there was any long term medication. Any way do you think it could be of benefit if I tell them about it next week.
Thank you all, again for your continued help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167757 by Somerset21
Also, I am a bit worried as on my medical notes it says,
active, problems
significant past problems,
minor past problems.
My anxiety is under minor past, but so is my hand problem and they are both active now. my hand problem is dated July this year and is still a problem and my anxiety has been going on for about 15 years, so do I take that and highlight it.
Thank you :) .

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #167760 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP renewal.
Hi Michelle,

Yes, let the tribunal know about your new medication and also that your problems with anxiety etc are ongoing.

I do hope that the hearing goes smoothly and you get the decision you deserve.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
7 years 7 months ago #167762 by Somerset21
Thank you very much Mrs Hurtyback and all of the rest moderators on here.
The company representing me have made me even more anxious saying not many people win any more. I would be happy with standard daily living .
Thank you again and shall let you know the out come.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167764 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP renewal.
We are still hearing of many successful appeals.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
7 years 7 months ago #168325 by Somerset21
Hi. So I had my tribunal on Tuesday. When I went in the Judge said that there was a query over the mobility points I had got but it looked like I would get an award for daily living so proceeded.
I was Given 4 extra points so got 10 points for daily living in the end.
I was on enhanced before but that was always a bonus in my option and I am happy for standard.
Was given it for three years.
The doctor seemed to make all the decisions and asked most of the questions. She just kept repeating about 'prompting' me to my mum. Although I do not go out on my own still. So I know she wanted to give me minimum points possible.
Anyway Mobility was changed from 4 points for 200 meters to 4 points planning and following.
The interesting thing was that the judge was the same one my mum had last year and my mental health is worse than hers but she was awarded the 10 pounds for planning and following.
Thank you for all your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.