× Members

Reassessment

More
8 years 1 month ago #154147 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reassessment

Jay_P wrote: Oh well,white envelope dropped through my door today inviting me for a f2f assessment in a few weeks time,not unexpected mind

When I sent my questionnaire in I included numerous past medical reports yet it's says on the letter I received today that if I have any medical reports thatI wish the HCP to see to bring them along to the assessment.

That would suggest the HCP will not have seen or read the medical reports I sent in along with my questionnaire,would that be correct?

It's standard letter, decisions on assessments are not made by the person who will actually see you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154257 by Jay_P
Replied by Jay_P on topic Reassessment
Okay Gordon

After my questionnaire and medical evidence was submitted I had a appointment to see a consultant.Today I received his medical report.Should I take it this with me to my f2f and would it be taken into consideration or should I keep it in case I need an MR and use it then.?

More
8 years 1 month ago #154276 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reassessment

Jay_P wrote: Okay Gordon

After my questionnaire and medical evidence was submitted I had a appointment to see a consultant.Today I received his medical report.Should I take it this with me to my f2f and would it be taken into consideration or should I keep it in case I need an MR and use it then.?

I'm always surprised when we get this question, if you think that this report is of value to your claim why would you hold it back?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154279 by Jay_P
Gordon

Poorly worded by myself....

I think the report is of value as it's the most up to date report I have and highlights the deterioration in my condition but my initial question was if I take this along to my f2f will the HCP actually read it and take it into consideration when coming to their decision

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154290 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Reassessment

Jay_P wrote: Gordon

Poorly worded by myself....

I think the report is of value as it's the most up to date report I have and highlights the deterioration in my condition but my initial question was if I take this along to my f2f will the HCP actually read it and take it into consideration when coming to their decision

Hi J_P,

They are "supposed to " !

It is not the HCP who makes the decision, they just make recommendations within The ESA85 Medical Report, it is The DWP ESA DM who makes the final decision !!

See : The latest version of The WCA Handbook on : This Page under the heading "DWP ESA Resources"

So you could also post a copy for their attention ( FAO The ESA Decision Maker (DM) ) at the address of the Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent DWP ESA letter.

That way you would be sure that The DWP ESA DM read it when they came to their decision.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154325 by Jay_P
Yeah I know the HCP ultimately doesn,t make the decision but influence it

Thanks bro,will pop a copy of my latest medical report to the DWP ESA DM

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.