× Members

Reviewing of Benefit claim???

More
7 years 9 months ago #165997 by Kaz60
Replied by Kaz60 on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???
Thank you Gordon and Mikeyboy for you advice... I am trying to second guess the DWP and I know I'm going to get stressed at this interview.
I think part of the problem is that I have completed the forms for my son. I would also like to know how the DWP would deal with this? Would they see this as his mistake when clearly it was mine? As my son has some difficulties, he would be unable to answer complex questions. If I see that he is getting anxious, motherly instinct will kick in and I'll go on the defensive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166001 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???

Kaz60 wrote: Thank you Gordon and Mikeyboy for you advice... I am trying to second guess the DWP and I know I'm going to get stressed at this interview.
I think part of the problem is that I have completed the forms for my son. I would also like to know how the DWP would deal with this? Would they see this as his mistake when clearly it was mine? As my son has some difficulties, he would be unable to answer complex questions. If I see that he is getting anxious, motherly instinct will kick in and I'll go on the defensive

As you are not your son's appointee I would expect the issue to be his as the benefits are in his name, however, I do want to stress this would only be if there is an actual problems in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #166002 by Kaz60
Replied by Kaz60 on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???
Thanks Gordon
If they do pick up on this have you any idea if the compliance officer can deal with it there and then or would it need to be reported..
Do you think at the meeting I should ask to become his appointee.
I know the state I'm getting myself into because of this so I can only truly sympathise with people who have no one to help them!!

More
7 years 9 months ago #166009 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???

Kaz60 wrote: Thanks Gordon
If they do pick up on this have you any idea if the compliance officer can deal with it there and then or would it need to be reported..
Do you think at the meeting I should ask to become his appointee.
I know the state I'm getting myself into because of this so I can only truly sympathise with people who have no one to help them!!

The compliance office cannot make a Decision on the situation, they will produce a report of the facts and this will be sent to a DWP Decision Maker.

It's up to you and your son to decide whether you should apply to an appointee, I would not expect it to have any effect on the decision that the DWP will make, certainly the meeting is not the place to ask, the Compliance Officer is not involved in that process at all.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #166172 by Buster1395
Replied by Buster1395 on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???
Mod Comment

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166188 by mikegee1968
Replied by mikegee1968 on topic Reviewing of Benefit claim???
I was thinking about you and your son today. Hope it all went okay?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.