× Members

Changes in circumstances

More
5 years 2 months ago #227471 by Paper Plane
Replied by Paper Plane on topic Changes in circumstances
Please let me know then, if I don't close the claims dead, but report improvement, would my housing benefit stop too? At this time, HB is paid directly to the council. But I would still be out of work. Should I tell council benefits that I am reporting improvement, and that's the only reason why ESA and PIP payments stopped?

Is medical evidence required for the length of time of the improvement? I need to know, if decide to go for a new assessment. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changes in circumstances
PP

Even if your other benefits are suspended or stopped you can still receive Housing Benefit on the basis of Nil Income.

You don't have to tell your Local Authority about your health improving, it is not a change that they need to be made aware of.

You will need medical evidence if you believe that you still have problems with completing the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paper Plane

More
5 years 1 month ago #227498 by Paper Plane
Sorry, Gordon......was really asking about my current improvement, will ERA and PIP want this on reporting my improvement to them? Or will they just send new forms to reapply (I would need medical evidence then).

The wait to be re-assessed could be long. Could I claim UC during that time? Sorry about all this, you have been great - thank you so very much.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227507 by Gordon
PP

I would expect you to receive a new ESA50 and a PIP2, you would send your medical evidence when you return them.

If your benefits are suspended then you cannot claim an alternate benefit without closing your existing claims. UC would be the replacement for ESA unless you are receiving the Severe Disability Premium in which case you are barred from making a claim for UC. There is no alternate to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227671 by Paper Plane
Hi gordon,

SDP does apply to me. Some of my descriptors have recently changed, some not. Now, if my benefits are suspended - as seems likely - and there is a long wait for reassessment, how could I get help? Seems council look for any reason to push people onto claiming their housing through UC, not the older direct payment. If I cannot claim UC then won't get HB, would I? I thought Amber Rudd said DWP is to go back to allowing benefits to be paid directly rather than via UC, but when that starts I do not know.

I could find some work that suits current descriptors, to get some income, but not sure what; and at 58 YO could be tricky. Please help in this, I feel utterly stuck.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #227683 by Gordon
PP

You can still receive HB on what is called a Nil Income claim, this should not require a claim for UC.

Gordon

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.