× Members

PIP engaging with others

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229697 by mosala
PIP engaging with others was created by mosala
I have OCD and have great difficulty talking to others because just ordinary chat can cause overwhelming distress if they mention my trigger. I have to flee the scene, throw clothes that would have become contaminated and shower for hours and do rituals. Someone with me might calm me and reassure me that things are not so bad (if they aren't), that I had misinterpreted.

Which would apply descriptor 2c or 2d?. I am doing a MR and want to say which I qualify for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP engaging with others
mosala

Descriptors (c) and (d) are not mutually exclusive of each other so I would argue both but be aware of the definition for "Social Support" in regard to (c).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229750 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP engaging with others
What do you mean by 'mutually' exclusive'? I understand social support to mean that a friend can be the support?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229751 by mosala
Sorry I meant 9c or 9d.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229765 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP engaging with others

mosala wrote: What do you mean by 'mutually' exclusive'? I understand social support to mean that a friend can be the support?

If they were mutually exclusive then your arguing for one would undermine your meeting the other.

Social Support can be provided by a friend but you must show that they have specific knowledge of your conditions to allow this to happen as the legal definition requires a trained person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229795 by mosala
I am stuck on this one! My friends assist me. They are not formally trained as such, but they all have OCD themselves. Would this be accepted as social support?

You have said that 9c and 9d and completely different and that arguing for one would undermine my meeting the other, but then you say I could argue both! Is that a contradiction? Sorry not trying to be awkward. I just cannot understand.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.