× Members

PIP engaging with others

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229949 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP engaging with others

Gordon wrote: Mosala

Providing both Descriptors apply for more than half the time then you should be scored on the one that has the highest points.

As I said, you will have to explain how your friend has knowledge of your problems and the help that they can provide in social situations, it will be down to those assessing you to decide whether this counts as Social Support or not. I assume they do not themselves have problems being with others?

Gordon

As one does not have to already have Social Support to qualify for 9c,(but only to have the need) could I just say I need a helper who knows my condtion, rather than my friend helps me? Then I don't have to explain how qualified the friend is to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229951 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP engaging with others

mosala wrote: Don't know what evidence I can give because the people who upset me are strangers and have no idea I am distressed because I flee the scene! This is so difficult.

If the Mental Health Team say I have OPD engaging, would the DWP accept that as evidence?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229973 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP engaging with others

mosala wrote: As one does not have to already have Social Support to qualify for 9c,(but only to have the need) could I just say I need a helper who knows my condtion, rather than my friend helps me? Then I don't have to explain how qualified the friend is to help.

I don't think that this would be a problem, you are being assessed on your needs not the help that you get.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #229975 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP engaging with others

mosala wrote: If the Mental Health Team say I have OPD engaging, would the DWP accept that as evidence?

Yes, this would be reasonable evidence, they do need to also explain how often you would be like this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris