× Members

PIP engaging with others

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229817 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP engaging with others
Mosala

I'm afraid you have misunderstood, I said that they were not mutually exclusive. You then asked me to explain what I meant by "mutually exclusive".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229820 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP engaging with others
Sorry! So if both descriptors apply to my situation, how would they decide which to apply in my case?

Can a friend with the same condition as me, OCD, be my social support when engaging with others?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229826 by Gordon
Mosala

Providing both Descriptors apply for more than half the time then you should be scored on the one that has the highest points.

As I said, you will have to explain how your friend has knowledge of your problems and the help that they can provide in social situations, it will be down to those assessing you to decide whether this counts as Social Support or not. I assume they do not themselves have problems being with others?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229833 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic PIP engaging with others
It's hard to get the points for social support unless the support is from a trained cpn/care worker/social worker etc.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229836 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP engaging with others
In my MR I am putting which descriptor I think I qualify for. Will it be OK to put "I qualify for 9c or 9d" and leave it for them to decide?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229843 by Gordon

mosala wrote: In my MR I am putting which descriptor I think I qualify for. Will it be OK to put "I qualify for 9c or 9d" and leave it for them to decide?

You can but and I'm sorry to keep going on about this, you need to explain why, if you don't then it's unlikely that you will overturn the Decision.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.