× Members

OPENING HOURS SURVEY

More
9 years 8 months ago #124242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY

MariW wrote: When I read this thread yesterday it concluded with a long message from a modulator for whom, I think, all members have the utmost respect. The modulator suspected that the post might be deleted. Even so, I’m shocked to find that such a wise statement has been trashed.

I’d just like to repeat that I’d be very unhappy about the prospect of a forum that was unmodulated for much of the time.

Mari W

We are trying to get an unbiased view of the service that the members would like B&W to provide in the future, I am afraid we can't get that if the Moderators add their own views (however relevant) to this topic.

Please be assured that all of the Moderators have, are and will be able to participate in any discussion about whether and what changes we might make, we are well aware that if we do make changes, then it will be the moderators who will have to make them work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW
The topic has been locked.
  • del
9 years 8 months ago #124244 by del
Replied by del on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
I have used the forum on many occasions and always found the help to be of an extremely high standard. The hours are fine for me as personally I try the best I can to forget about the stress of the benefits system during weekends.

I worry that if posts are not moderated then the site will not be as successful as it is as there are always people ready to judge others which does not happen here. Also although on occasions members reply to other members posts which can be helpful there are many other forums where people just give their own thoughts and personal opinions which are not always the correct information and may lead people to reach an incorrect decision. At present the way the forum operates members know they are getting the correct guidance and information which is a huge help as we no longer have many places to turn to for advice.

So in a nutshell I am happy with the forum as it is and the excellent work that everyone involved puts in and as I have said on other occasions I would be lost without the help gained from here. I also think that these people need time to themselves and deserve to have time off. Once again I cannot thank you all enough for the help and knowledge I have been able to gain being part of the forum.
More
9 years 8 months ago #124248 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
I just want to make a comment regarding the pre-moderation of posts in case member are not aware.

Whilst the forum can be read by non members, only subscribed and fee paying members can post to the forum, so whilst B&W has some 75,000+ subscribed members it is a significantly smaller number who can actually make posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), del
More
9 years 8 months ago #124255 by LizP
Replied by LizP on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
The hours are fine with me. It makes me remember there are human beings at the other end trying to keep up and give the best advice! It is a great service and I am sure I wouldn't be in the support group without b and w. thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta
More
9 years 8 months ago #124265 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
I think the hours are fine bearing in mind the moderators have I am sure other things to do as well. The site is invaluable.
More
9 years 8 months ago #124278 by masterslip
Replied by masterslip on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
hours and pre- moderated posts are fine with me,mods do an excellent job.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.