× Members

OPENING HOURS SURVEY

More
9 years 8 months ago #124139 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
Hello Mods,

Personally I am more than happy with the times the forum is open. The level of advice and support is second to none but I believe that the moderators should be the ones who ultimately decide the hours they would prefer the forum to be open. They give their time and expertise and I would respect any decision they reached converning any alterations. THANK YOU MODS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), slugsta
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124141 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
You do an amazing job! Can you really give more with an adverse effect on your own lives? I think a 20-hour week is enough. For health reasons I am seldom able to use an evening session. I can often seem a long stretch from 4 pm on Friday to 2 pm on Monday…or Tuesday if there’s a Bank Holiday. However, the same can be said for all services. Members who are supporting vulnerable friends and relations might not be around during the working-day to post on the forum. Perhaps dropping one weekday session and transferring it to a Saturday would help them.

I would be very unhappy about a switch from the current pro-active moderation to a re-active one where members’ posts go through to the forum automatically and are then dealt with if they break the rules. Trolls are on every internet forum and can do more damage here than on most. I recall a bizarre post from a supposed member of the WRAG with a healthcare qualification. He/she posted to query what modulators or member would think if he/she was urged to accept work from Atos or Capita, et al. Gordon almost immediately suggested he/she request a refund of the annual membership fee and locked the thread.

Modulators answer difficult question with remarkable speed and often in great detail. I’d understand if things have to take longer. Software permitting, perhaps members could be given some idea of how long the queue is when they submit a post. A longer wait makes it probable that other members will respond to questions with reference to their own experience. However, this forum is said not to be a discussion group.

I think you know by now how much members value the forum modulators. I am confident you will take us forward in the right direction.

Thanks,
:)
Mari W
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by . Reason: corrected typo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Jennifer Gray, slugsta
More
9 years 8 months ago #124143 by sjr
Replied by sjr on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
Hi As your work is voluntary I think that it should be what is best for the moderators. I'm sure everyone is more than grateful for all your work and expert advice. As you always reply quickly the most people have to wait is 2 days and that seems acceptable to me. Keep up the good work. SJR
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 8 months ago #124147 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
Many thanks for the way this invaluable site works and its tireless mods.
I am more than happy with how it works and would hate to see any change.
Pls keep up the stirling work and thank you for dealing with us especially when your health is not at its best
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), slugsta
More
9 years 8 months ago #124148 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
Personally I am in favour of the Mods making whatever decisions are best for them in terms of their own lives & health issues.
As it is now works fine for me but a weekend session would be helpful.
But again Mod's needs are the priority IMO, because without you we are all, well, buggered!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), slugsta
More
9 years 8 months ago #124151 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic OPENING HOURS SURVEY
I think it's more of "if it's not broken leave it alone" a bit like the gov are always "repairing". I think you do a fantastic job, a service that we need and should be left to run it how ever is best for all of you.

Yes we get letters on a Saturday, but Monday comes round soon enough and getting an answer on Monday won't change things.

Keep up the good work and take care of yourselves, that's important.

Mags
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Gordon
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.