× Members

Feeling uneasy about support with pip application

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142755 by Gordon
Amonia

You might want to read the passage from the other site again, it says "follow a unfamiliar journey on your own", they are also detailing the situation where the claimant should not expect to score points, rather than one where they should.

There's no definition of how long a familiar or unfamiliar journey is supposed to be, but given the DWP guidance it is more than a short walk.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143089 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Feeling uneasy about support with pip application
Hi. With regads to lossing my existing award when doing a paper appeal, you told me add a note sayiing if the judge felt I might loose the appeal they should refer back to me. Is it acceptable for me to just write that if they felt I might loose the existing award, then they should just cancel it? thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #143107 by Gordon

Amonia wrote: Hi. With regads to lossing my existing award when doing a paper appeal, you told me add a note sayiing if the judge felt I might loose the appeal they should refer back to me. Is it acceptable for me to just write that if they felt I might loose the existing award, then they should just cancel it? thanks

You can certainly enclose a suitable paragraph but I think it likely that the Judge will not action it. They have a duty to inform the claimant of the risk and they would not be able to show that they had done this if they followed the route you are suggesting.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149146 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Feeling uneasy about support with pip application
Hi

I did a mandatory reconsideration on my pip as like other mental health claimants I was awarded the lower descripor for the 'planning and making journeys descriptor but I thought it should be higher(as I cant use public transport etc). However this was a while ago and I recieved their mandatory reconsideration decision\rejection on15 september 2015.

I decided to appeal and had completed 80% of i however became severely ill that I couldn't finish itl. Its now been 4.5 months since then. I think you previously said that one has '...13 months to appeal'. I just want to confrom is it still I can appeal over 4.5 months after my mandatory reconsideration decision has been given?

Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #149148 by Chlorinated
I also reported a change of circumstance in january 2015(by telephone) to go from ESA work group to support group. I also wanted to backdate this coc to much earlier before january 2015.

Again I was too ill so couldnt write to them and in paralellel the esa questionair got sent out and I had to work on that as well as my PIP form which was more priority. I was automatically moved to esa SG as a result of esa questionaire in March 2015. Now that its been over a year since I notified them by telephone of the coc is it too late to send the coc letter in hoping for it to get backdate March 2015 backwards all the way back to earlier years?

Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #149178 by Gordon

Amonia wrote: Hi

I did a mandatory reconsideration on my pip as like other mental health claimants I was awarded the lower descripor for the 'planning and making journeys descriptor but I thought it should be higher(as I cant use public transport etc). However this was a while ago and I recieved their mandatory reconsideration decision\rejection on15 september 2015.

I decided to appeal and had completed 80% of i however became severely ill that I couldn't finish itl. Its now been 4.5 months since then. I think you previously said that one has '...13 months to appeal'. I just want to confrom is it still I can appeal over 4.5 months after my mandatory reconsideration decision has been given?

Thanks

Providing your appeal is made within 13 months of the original Decision Date then there should be no issue with your appealing although I would include an explanation of why your appeal is late.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.