× Members

DLA to PIP invitation

More
8 years 2 months ago #151981 by buster21
Replied by buster21 on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Thank you Gordon

The assessment centre in question is just outside the 90 minute DWP /ATOS guide - it is 96 minutes - that is assuming the 3 buses required will be waiting at their respective bus stops - and then leave immediately upon our arrival - highly unlikely.

Thanks for your advice Gordon. I will probably get in touch with her GP. Incidentally, her GP has recently wrote a letter intended for non DWP purposes, explaining that she (GP) and her consultant think public transport is unsuitable for her to travel on - which was mentioned in the PIP2 - I doubt the numpties have read anything we sent.

I'm going to sleep on this one Gordon - at least until tomorrow anyway. In the morning we will probably ring DWP and tell them of my/our concerns - consequently, requesting a paper assessment. Depending on their response I will then contemplate ringing my MP and asking her views (MP's) on them (ATOS/DWP) insisting on making this vulnerable young woman travel to another town for an assessment where effectively she will be asked to prove she is blind etc - it will be interesting to hear her views (MP's) on this.

Many thanks for your help.

Buster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152765 by buster21
Hi Gordon

Just a quick question following on from my last post. My daughter's doctor is dictating a letter for her as we speak stating she requires a home assessment due to her limitations. ATOS assessment is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. We haven't contacted DWP or ATOS as yet as we are waiting to get the letter which will be ready to collect on Monday.

My query is: are there any rules on us informing them she won't be attending the assessment at their centre, in terms of any notice that may have to be given - days or weeks? By the way it is her first assessment offered by them. Also, do we inform DWP or ATOS of her doctors intervention?

Thinking about it, when we do inform them - what's the best way?

Many thanks

Buster

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Buster

There are no "rules" you need to follow, I would leave it as late as possible, afternoon before for a morning appointment and the morning if in the afternoon, that way you maximise the time before an new appointment is booked.

You can cancel over the phone, just be aware that they will try and re-book while they are speaking to you. You do not need to accept a short notice appointment, just tell them to send the new appointment through the post.

It's worth mentioning to ATOS that the doctor is writing to them but the person who books appointments has no authority in this area and will likely just take the party line.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buster21

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152884 by buster21
Thank you Gordon for your very informative answer. I have just picked up the letter in question from her GP's - it should certainly help - although I am now £25 poorer.

Just to confirm, apart from us telephoning ATOS and cancelling the scheduled assessment and informing them of the doctor's letter requiring a home based assessment, do we forward the letter to ATOS or to DWP?

Apologies if it's me being somewhat dumb - it is Saturday morning after all.

Cheers

Buster
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152888 by
Replied by on topic DLA to PIP invitation

buster wrote: Thank you Gordon for your very informative answer. I have just picked up the letter in question from her GP's - it should certainly help - although I am now £25 poorer.

Just to confirm, apart from us telephoning ATOS and cancelling the scheduled assessment and informing them of the doctor's letter requiring a home based assessment, do we forward the letter to ATOS or to DWP?

Apologies if it's me being somewhat dumb - it is Saturday morning after all.

Cheers

Buster

Hi B,

Besides phoning ATOS as stated, I would back any phone conversations up with an e-mail to them to create a paper trail.

E-mail Contact ATOS PIP (Top right of page)

Yes, you could forward scanned copy of it via e-mail to ATOS, (keep the original) with a covering "note" !!

Even though it is The Assessment Provider (AP) who decides whether a Home Assessment should be given, it would certainly do no harm to copy The PIP Case Manager (DM) in on it as well.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

See This Post as well with respect to a face to face being cancelled.

As you well know, you cannot be too careful when dealing with the likes of ATOS !!

Good luck !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #153116 by buster21
Hello Gordon and bro

Just to say yesterday we telephoned ATOS to cancel our daughter's PIP assessment at one of their centres. We told them she was not able to attend due to her limitations. Immediately we were asked "can she leave the house". To which I replied "let me read out the doctors letter to you". I did and then the ATOS girl seemed to change her tune. I can only assume that this was some kind of "trick" question? We told them about the GP's letter requesting a home based assessment.

Slightly different from what I expected, after taking details of her GP's surgery, ATOS said it was up to the DWP to decide on a home based assessment (consultation as they called it). The ATOS woman then put me through to DWP. I then reiterated what I'd just said to ATOS. DWP then told me to forward a copy of the GP's letter to the Case Manager addressed to Wolverhampton - which I have now done - recorded signed for - with a covering letter.

I have also taken your advice and sent a copy of the GP's letter to ATOS via email. Incidentally, I asked the DWP guy who should we expect to hear back from next? And he didn't know - he seemed flustered. Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks

Buster

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.