× Members

DLA to PIP invitation

More
8 years 1 month ago #153423 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Buster

I can understand why it appears confusing.

It's important to understand that the ATOS staff that deal with bookings are independent of those that decide whether an assessment is required and whether this should be done at their offices or the claimants home, as a result, you cannot rely on them having up to date information. They are tasked and possible paid on keeping the assessors diaries full.

The person you spoke to on the phone yesterday must have been from ATOS, the DWP do not participate in the assessment process, this is outsourced in its entirety to ATOS and Capita.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: buster21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153472 by buster21
Replied by buster21 on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Hi mods

Just a quick update. We rang DWP this afternoon and someone in the know is supposedly going to be ringing us back within 24 hours. We then (late afternoon) decided to ring ATOS. After explaining everything to them and protesting about all the confusion; they said to "ignore the latest letter for the rescheduled assessment, it shouldn't have been sent out". And that my daughter's "report" had been sent to DWP today. So it does appear that a paper based assessment has finally been carried out and now it's up to the DWP - but who knows!

I'm not getting too carried away, who knows what the postman might bring next - this lot are unpredictable aren't they. However, when should we ask for a copy of the report?

As always thank you so much for your help and guidance.

Buster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153600 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP invitation

buster wrote: Hi mods

Just a quick update. We rang DWP this afternoon and someone in the know is supposedly going to be ringing us back within 24 hours. We then (late afternoon) decided to ring ATOS. After explaining everything to them and protesting about all the confusion; they said to "ignore the latest letter for the rescheduled assessment, it shouldn't have been sent out". And that my daughter's "report" had been sent to DWP today. So it does appear that a paper based assessment has finally been carried out and now it's up to the DWP - but who knows!

I'm not getting too carried away, who knows what the postman might bring next - this lot are unpredictable aren't they. However, when should we ask for a copy of the report?

As always thank you so much for your help and guidance.

Buster

Hi B,

I think we all missed your query at the end of your post !!! :)

". However, when should we ask for a copy of the report?"

You could give it a week, then ring :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

For a paper based assessment it would be a PA3 rather than a PA4 which is compiled as the result of a F2F.

You could simply request The PIP Medical Report !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155163 by buster21
Replied by buster21 on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Hi all,
well, my daughter's PIP decision has now been made. She has been awarded enhanced both components for an ongoing period, to be reviewed after 7 March 2026. Her points accumulated to 59 across all activities.

In the end a very good and just result. We have had a fairly smooth ride overall in comparison to others, although we have had to be fairly assertive in navigating the system, indeed, there was a few wee hoops that we had to jump through to get to where we are.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped with the giving of help, support and advice, in particular, the moderators, namely Gordon and Bro - who answered the bulk of my queries - so, THANKS guys.

We can now concentrate on looking after our daughter's other needs and directing all of our efforts and energy in to doing this; we can forget about PIP, ATOS, and the DWP for the time being - indeed, a huge relief.

Once again, thank you everyone; mods, please do keep up the great work that you are all so selflessly doing to inform and help others. You most certainly are doing your bit - fighting for social justice - for the ill informed and for the vulnerable - and for that I take my hat off to you guys.

Many thanks

Buster

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155207 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP invitation
Buster

Many congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments about the site.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155216 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic DLA to PIP invitation

buster wrote: Hi all,
well, my daughter's PIP decision has now been made. She has been awarded enhanced both components for an ongoing period, to be reviewed after 7 March 2026. Her points accumulated to 59 across all activities.

In the end a very good and just result. We have had a fairly smooth ride overall in comparison to others, although we have had to be fairly assertive in navigating the system, indeed, there was a few wee hoops that we had to jump through to get to where we are.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped with the giving of help, support and advice, in particular, the moderators, namely Gordon and Bro - who answered the bulk of my queries - so, THANKS guys.

We can now concentrate on looking after our daughter's other needs and directing all of our efforts and energy in to doing this; we can forget about PIP, ATOS, and the DWP for the time being - indeed, a huge relief.

Once again, thank you everyone; mods, please do keep up the great work that you are all so selflessly doing to inform and help others. You most certainly are doing your bit - fighting for social justice - for the ill informed and for the vulnerable - and for that I take my hat off to you guys.

Many thanks

Buster

Wanted to reply to this thread more than once Buster.
Could`nt understand how this was happening to you & your daughter given her obvious problems?
Its an absolute disgrace that you and your loved ones had this forced upon you for so long, its bordering on harassment.
I am royally pleased for both you & your daughter m8, a victory for perseverance.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.