× Members

DLA TO PIP questions

More
7 years 8 months ago #165375 by Jianne1274
Replied by Jianne1274 on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Thank you....I'm finding it really hard to do the MR as the decision on mobility was based on a lie..I did as you advised and looked through my pip2 form and believe I have meet the descriptors and used the correct terminology...I don't believe the d.m as looked properly at my explanations as to how I am affected on a day to day basis...should I refer them back to my pip2 where I feel appropriate?? And indeed to my doctors letter which they have ignored ??On closer inspection the assessors report is full of contradictions example in the observations she has written can use a mobile phone..how does she know I did not take a phone call...but later on says does not have a mobile phone ..I told her this earlier ...can not stand alone ..then goes on to say I did...and many many more do I draw the dwp dm attention to these ??is it worth putting in witness statements from the person who was with me through out the examination ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165400 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP questions
Jianne

From what you have posted you are doing fine but try and separate issues of fact from opinions, for example; if the assessor could see you have no problems with your hands (I'm not saying that they did) and that you can raise your hand to your head without issue then it would be reasonable to assume that you could use a mobile phone, this would be an opinion and it difficult to argue against.

Facts, such as where the assessment was held are a lot easier to argue against.

Remember you don't have to deal with everything in the report only the things that argue against you scoring points, in fact raising issues with less importance can dilute your message.

Including a witness statement from the person who attended with you would be helpful./

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165421 by Jianne1274
Thankyou.... that the thing Gordon I do have lots of problems with my hands I was also very aware of keeping my hands on my lap at all times which I did never raised my arms because I simply can't manage it and absolutely no fidgeting occurs can't abide fidgeting so at a loss where she got that from..I am encouraged you think I am doing ok...although someone else is in fact doing all the writing I can't manage that ...No doubt I will think of something else to ask tommorow thanks for having the patience to answer my question ..I know they are endless :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #165591 by Jianne1274
Hi ..well I have posted my MR after finally finding a address to send it to which involved a 45 mins that's right 45 min listen to vivaldi waiting for someone to answer the phone...So now I wait again it's out of my hands..however is there anything I should now be doing to prepare for my tribunal which I will undoubtedly need ???Atos have responded to my complaint with a generic response basically blaming the dwp ermm the dwp blamed atos. ..I have further complained to atos about the response and how they have failed to answer any of my questions.or addressed any of my issues...And joy of joys just discovered my esa is up for renewal in September what should I be doing for that got straight in to support group last time without a f2f don't know why though I mean seriously been on incapacity benefit all my working life unfourtantley ..so it's not like I'm suddenly gonna be better ...I want to get out ahead of any tribunal and indeed my upcoming esa...it's all a tad overwhelming any advice would be welcomed....

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165606 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP questions
I think all you can do in preparation for any appeal is to consider whether there is any other evidence that you could provide in support of your claim. Let's hope you don't need it!

As far as your ESAs concerned, getting evidence together will help with this too. You could start filling in the PDF version of the form if you wish. Unlike with PIP, you can submit this rather than the ESA50 that you are sent.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165619 by Jianne1274
Thank you for your reply I will indeed fill in the pdf version..should I request the report for the esa whatever that's called or will that trigger a reassessment ??Can I copy more or less the previous one as nothing much as changed ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.