× Members

Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .

More
7 years 9 months ago #162200 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: The letter telling me what they will pay me, which ha snow gone into my account hasn't mentioned the appeal at all .

But a previous letter dated 2 days earlier said" to continue to receive ESA benefit you may have to attend a WFI with a PA andyou may have to a WCA . You must continue to provide Medical Certificates until a Medical Assessment is carried out..
I don't understand what they mean. Ive had the WCA in April and the MR which is why I'm appealing ?

The DWP can only send standard letters, they are not always suitable to the situation that the claimant is actually in, the letter appears to be one that would be sent to a new claimant once their ESA claim has been accepted, placing them in the assessment phase.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162660 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .
Can I complain about the MR person looking at my claim who didn't contact my GP despite him saying at the end of his supportive letter which included the diagnosis etc. " please contact me if you wish to know anything further "
I know that person had the letter in of her when I spoke to her on the phone asking if it had arrived because it was sent after the MR request .She spoke the name of the Doctor and said" I have it here in front of me "

More
7 years 9 months ago #162678 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: Can I complain about the MR person looking at my claim who didn't contact my GP despite him saying at the end of his supportive letter which included the diagnosis etc. " please contact me if you wish to know anything further "
I know that person had the letter in of her when I spoke to her on the phone asking if it had arrived because it was sent after the MR request .She spoke the name of the Doctor and said" I have it here in front of me "

I'm afraid there's no legal requirement for the assessor or the Decision Maker to contact the claimants GP or other health professionals.

If you want to make a complaint then it will have to be on the content of the report or the manner in which the assessment was carried out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162691 by Roidininki
Could you inform the appeal court that the MR Decisionmakers didn't contact the GP despite the supportive letter saying that they could if they chose to ?
Would that count as being remiss of them because what the GP had to say could have counted in your favour in their decision ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162693 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: Could you inform the appeal court that the MR Decisionmakers didn't contact the GP despite the supportive letter saying that they could if they chose to ?
Would that count as being remiss of them because what the GP had to say could have counted in your favour in their decision ?

You can certainly mention it as part of your appeal submission, but remember you will only receive an award because you have shown that you meet the criteria for one, arguing the assessment report was incomplete or wrong will help towards this but cannot in itself result in an award.

Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #162697 by Roidininki
Could a diagnosis from way back , 1997 in fact and comments regarding " risk " provided for DLA purposes count as evidence, to submit to the appeal ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.