× Members

Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .

More
7 years 9 months ago #162700 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: Could a diagnosis from way back , 1997 in fact and comments regarding " risk " provided for DLA purposes count as evidence, to submit to the appeal ?

Only if you can show it to be still relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162707 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .
good question!!

it has become so political now. people do not seem to count, just stats. sad.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162751 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .
My GP issued me with another fit note today up to the end of September when I explained I had an appeal in progress.
If the appeal agrees with the decision makers and the appeal is heard before the fit note runs out what happens then , because your doctor has said you're not fit to work ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162765 by Gordon

Roidininki wrote: My GP issued me with another fit note today up to the end of September when I explained I had an appeal in progress.
If the appeal agrees with the decision makers and the appeal is heard before the fit note runs out what happens then , because your doctor has said you're not fit to work ?

If the appeal panel upholds a Fit for Work Decision then;

For medical reasons your GP can continue to issue Fit Notes

For benefit purposes; a Fit Note for ESA will only be accepted if it includes a new condition or a deterioration of your existing conditions likely to lead to an award. For JSA you can use a Fit Note to be excused from your Job Search agreement for up to 13 weeks in any 12 month period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

More
7 years 9 months ago #162993 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Supportive + GP's letter after MR request sent .
Can an up to date second fit note while an appeal is in process stating not fit to work and the comment "because of x condition and the unpredictability of it " be sent to the court as evidence ?
The only other supportive evidence on paper from a psychiatrist as proof of risk to myself and others due to paranoia and psychosis is years old as I have been in remission due to medication .
Looking through the comments in their submission from the MR team to the court they say the GPs supportive letter is what I have stated to the doctor and not due to a medical assessment ,which of course is totally untrue given my previous history over years and the DWP's own knowledge and acceptance of it given their paying me benefits. How can a ESA award in the SG be superseded when the condition remains the same ?
Sorry to still be asking questions about things which don't seem to add up .

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163032 by slugsta
I'm afraid I don't think the fitnote will be of much help. After all, your claim would not have been accepted in the first place without one.

T.he assessor will not have looked at your previous award and then decided whether you are better, worse or the same and then awarded on that basis. Each claim is looked at individually. If you ask how it is possible to get a lower award when your condition is unchanged, the answer is likely to be that the assessor does not agree with the previous decision!

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.