× Members

Medical for PIP

More
7 years 6 months ago #171497 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Medical for PIP
Oops! Wishing you all the best even :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198770 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Medical for PIP
Hi everyone i havent posted in a while so i hope everyone is doing well and having successful benefit applications! :) :)
i hope i am posting correctly as its been a while! lol i am replying to my topic from previous posts so that my previous questions are all together hope this is correct.
I had a few questions on changing address i am due to move house at some point in the week beginning 23rd Oct.
Its simply a change of address there is no material change of circumstances or my care needs.
How do i inform ESA and PIP? is it by telephone call/Letter or both? and when do i inform them?
Me changing address wont trigger a reassessment for either benefits will it?
Thanks
Mxx

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #198785 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical for PIP
Hi Mary, it is nice to hear from you again :)

Changing your address will not trigger a reassessment. The only problem is if you will also claim Housing Benefit and move to an area that has fully switched to Universal Credit.

You can notify DWP by phone but, as always, we would suggest that you follow it up in writing - so you might as well do it in writing in the first place! You should notify the department separately for each benefit you claim.

To reassure you - I moved house earlier this year and did not have any DWP problems as a result :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
6 years 6 months ago #198787 by Mary
Hi Mrs Hurtyback thank you for your reply! :) i am literally moving 5 mins away so within the same area i live now which hasn't fully switched to UC. It is good to hear that you didn't have any problems when you moved house :) i wont be moving till the 23rd will i inform them now?

Mx

More
6 years 6 months ago #198814 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical for PIP
I guess it depends on whether you would rather post continues to go to your old place for a little while after the move (in which case, leave it until nearer/after the move) or whether you would prefer it to go to your new address early (in which case notify as soon as you like).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #198818 by Mary
Ok doke thanks Mrs Hurtyback i have paid for a redirect on my post to start from 23rd i think i will do it asap for peace of mind that i have given them enough notice :)

Mx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.