× Members

wish me luck please

More
7 years 4 months ago #177356 by shirley
Replied by shirley on topic wish me luck please
She sounds like assessor too mine was in Birmingham got to say she didn't have a clue how to do an eye test she held it up the other side of a desk I would have expected it to be several feet away. No wonder I passed it anybody would have. She appeared to know nothing about multiple sclerosis and kept saying I must get a hot drink it's freezing In here. She was ok in a dim sort of way but really not at all professional.
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177360 by f c
Replied by f c on topic wish me luck please
We are in Merseyside. Yes he did but not what he should have got. But as I said she was very nice and even in her report I think she was fair in most of it. She clearly could see he was not in the best of health. How ever maybe some of it was down to us not getting what he should because she didn't seem to ask a lot and was surprised that she didn't really ask about his mobility. But as we are quiet especially my hubby we didn't go into detail about everything. and you tend to just want to get it over and done with. So looking back there was a lot we should have said. Especially as this has now lost him his mobility car after twenty years nearly. But its only a car and I'm determined not to get upset about it, because we are picking our own car up tomorrow and he will still be able to get about when he can. He was awarded standard rate care, which when on DLA he never received. We have questioned a point on there and they are looking at it again, so we now have another wait x

More
7 years 4 months ago #177371 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic wish me luck please

littlenell11 wrote: Thank you ALison, yes, I can now enjoy christmas with my family, sorry, cant remember, did you get your award?

x

Hi - I am still waiting to hear. I haven't yet been called to F2F. My form was submitted 9 December. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11

More
7 years 4 months ago #177377 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic wish me luck please
good luck with yours,.......................hope its not too stressful for youxx Thank you for your kind words Alison.

Happy christmas and all the very best for the new year
x

More
7 years 4 months ago #177380 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic wish me luck please
Well, now the assessment is done, i am now doubting whether i have said things i shouldnt, like: I have baseline pain and fatigue everyday, (that i call my 'manageable' days) i have learned to live with it, and, I make allowances for the daily pain and fatigue.Then went onto explain I have 'flare ups' for weeks at a time (worst days).just worried that i said that i learned to live with the pain and fatigue, also, when asked how long it takes me to walk, I said i simply dont know, i would be lying if i gave you a time, which is true...... to this she said, its ok , I will put your unsure..............what do you think?

More
7 years 4 months ago #177384 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic wish me luck please
littlenell

Very few claimants are happy with the way that the assessment went, most spend days second guessing what they said or did not say, try to move on and have a good Christmas.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.