× Members

Can I apply for ESA

More
5 years 1 month ago #228228 by MyHipsHurt
Replied by MyHipsHurt on topic Can I apply for ESQ
I am about to send off the ESA50 form today. I am hoping to be in the support group (I've done the online assessment), obviously I know that may not happen, but if it does:

Will it be backdated to when I originally made the claim or is it from the decision date?

How long are the awards for? Is it like PIP where they fix a number of years?

Is the award reassessed like the PIP review or do you have to start from scratch again.

If I do get put in the support group, I presume I no longer need to provide Fit Notes?

I'm presuming it may take months to even get a decision, but I would just like some comfort from knowing that I won't need to fill in this horrible form again for some time. It has had a very detrimental affect on my mental health. I'm trying so hard just to get through each day and this damn form has set me right back.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can I apply for ESQ
MyHipsHurt

If you are placed in the WRAG then you will not receive any back pay as the WRAG rate is the same as the Assessment Rate that you are receiving at the moment.

If you are placed in the Support Group then you will receive back pay of the SG component from the beginning of week 14 of your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228274 by MyHipsHurt
Replied by MyHipsHurt on topic Can I apply for ESA
Thank you Gordon.

Are the ESA support group awards for a fixed length of time and at what stage are they re assessed?

More
5 years 1 month ago #228281 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can I apply for ESA
MyHipsHurt

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment so there is no award length, assessments can be scheduled for any period from three months to three years with periods of two or three years being the norm.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyHipsHurt

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.