× Members

Confused by ESA letter

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106555 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Confused by ESA letter
Thanks Gordon. I'm sorry to hear they stopped your claim. I feel they've made a date error on mine too. I'm going to write to them and ask if it should say 12 June not April. I feel as though they've already diddled me out of a couple of months by sending the form a wee bit early, so I am not going to let them get away with this either lol!

That's assuming of course that it is actually a letter telling me I am remaining in the SG!

Do you think I could ask them why they sent out the reassessment form in May in my letter, ie, ask them if it is the 'norm' to send them out 4 months before 'time up'? Or is that totally pointless because they can send it out from 3 months onwards? And may 'upset' this current ESA reassessment?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106585 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused by ESA letter

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks Gordon. I'm sorry to hear they stopped your claim. I feel they've made a date error on mine too. I'm going to write to them and ask if it should say 12 June not April. I feel as though they've already diddled me out of a couple of months by sending the form a wee bit early, so I am not going to let them get away with this either lol!

That's assuming of course that it is actually a letter telling me I am remaining in the SG!

Do you think I could ask them why they sent out the reassessment form in May in my letter, ie, ask them if it is the 'norm' to send them out 4 months before 'time up'? Or is that totally pointless because they can send it out from 3 months onwards? And may 'upset' this current ESA reassessment?

You can ask about the early ESA50, but if it was me, I would not now want to know, having gone through the pain of completing and returning the form! Of course, if it meant that the process was stopped at this point due to their error, that would be another thing, but I feel you have gone past that point.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago #106587 by mumsgirl
I was thinking of adding something like this "Also could you please tell me how many months you generally send out the ESA reassessment forms before the prognosis time is up? My prognosis in Sept 2011 was for at least 2 years and I received the reassessment form in May 2013 (20 months) – so does that mean you normally send them out 4 months before the award runs out or was I just selected early? ", or willl I just forget that bit?

I've asked them in my reply to the letter they sent me this morning means I am still in the SG and if there was an error with the April/June date. I've also asked them to amend any records with that date if there has been an error and i've asked for prognosis.

ASSUMING their letter does mean i'm stilll in SG (without a 'medical'!). Too good to be true until I get it in writing. I will worry unitl I get a reply, and then I will worry even more if I find out i've still to attend a medical! and could fail!

More
10 years 10 months ago #106588 by mumsgirl
Thanks Gordon, just seen your reply after I sent my last message, so I definately won't mention it lol!

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107355 by seabass
Replied by seabass on topic Confused by ESA letter

mumsgirl wrote: As you know I sent away my ESA re-assessment form at the beginning of this month. Today I received a letter dated 24th June saying "your claim for employment and support allowance. a CHANGE in the employment and support allowance rate payable. We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. From 12 APRIL 2013 ...."

Does this mean i've passed without a medical and still in SG??? Why have they used the word changed? And why have they said "from 12 April 2013". It's the exact same letter I got when I passed the last time but it said "from 9 Sept 2011" (which was 3 days after I had the medical on 6th Sep 2011).

I'm worried about this (if I have passed) because firstly (in my opinion) they sent out the reassessment form too early and now they are back-dating it to April??

Or is it basically just the normal letter they send me every April to tell me the rate has gone up but for some reason they have sent the letter late this time and I still have to have to wait for word of a 'medical'?

p.s I know I am supposed to attach this to my ESA thread but I can't find it because it has disappeared from 'favourites', sorry

I received the same letter, dated 11th June 2013, after sending back my re-assessment ESA50 at the end of April. I was in the Support Group, and today I phoned the DWP to ask for an update, and they informed me that the 11thJune letter was confirmation that I have been kept in the Support Group without the need for a medical. Hopefully your letter may indicate the same.
Regards, Steve
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107382 by mumsgirl
Thanks Steve, for being kind enough to reply and to try to offer me some hope. I still don't know where I stand. I have written to them twice but they have just ignored me and I can't phone them due to my problems. But I have been looking on other websites and found a couple of other people that had the same letter as us and they too phoned up and asked and they too were told they remain in the support group without medical, so I am hoping it the case for me (although other people were saying they were lying because it's too early to get a reply like that!). I have made a SAR (and received a reply saying they will get back to me within 40 days) in the hope that it will confirm I am still in support group with medical and it should give me a prognosis. I'll let you know how I get on when I receive the SAR but i'm hoping to be in the same boat as you. But I won't count my chickens just yet!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.