× Members

Confused by ESA letter

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused by ESA letter

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks for that lindat. They've managed to confuse me even than normal because they said 12th April on the letter when I was already in the support group and I only sent my form back to them 3 weeks ago, so i've no idea why they are backdating it.

Having read your original post again, and paid more attention to the dates :blush: this could just be a letter notifying you of the new benefit rates, but I am still not 100% convinced as these are normally sent out before April, mine came in January. As this would be an automated process run by the DWP computers, I would not expect you to have been missed out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106535 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Confused by ESA letter
The date I think is when the annual increase was? Same date on mine which was before they received my esa 50 and my 36 months is from 29th May which is the date on the very confusing letter.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106538 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Confused by ESA letter
I did get the annual increase letter months back.

Gordon wrote:

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks for that lindat. They've managed to confuse me even than normal because they said 12th April on the letter when I was already in the support group and I only sent my form back to them 3 weeks ago, so i've no idea why they are backdating it.

Having read your original post again, and paid more attention to the dates :blush: this could just be a letter notifying you of the new benefit rates, but I am still not 100% convinced as these are normally sent out before April, mine came in January. As this would be an automated process run by the DWP computers, I would not expect you to have been missed out.

Gordon

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106540 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Confused by ESA letter
Thanks Gordon, I have checked my paperwork and I received a letter in Feb telling me the benefit rates are going up from 8 April. The letter I got today said 12 April. I am hoping it's a mistake and should say 12 June and that I am still in SG! I see no reason why it should be back dated as I am supposed to be in SG for 'at least' 2 years from Sep 2011 and I received my form in May and returned it on time at the beginning of June.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused by ESA letter
MG

The dates on the letter, when they are produced to order, are set by the DWP staff, and it is certainly possible for them to enter an incorrect one, as I had one where they used the wrong year and as a result stopped payment on my claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago #106550 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Confused by ESA letter
Thanks for replying again lindat. The letter I received today is exactly the same as the one I got last time (which, after contacting meant that I was in support group for at least 2 years). The only thing about todays letter is the date they have put on it, 12th April. It makes no sense to me. I was place in Support Group for 2 years from Sept 2011, I received the reassessment form last month, and returned it at the beginning of this month. So if they are writing to say I am still in Support then why are they saying from 12th April? Confused.com!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.