× Members

Confused by ESA letter

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108532 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Confused by ESA letter

mumsgirl wrote: Hi, just wanted to let you know that I posted my DLA on Friday (26 Jul), they received it on 29th and today I got a letter dated 31st to say that my reward is staying the same! So it's now a double celebration for me! And a big thank you to the brilliant B & W! I enclosed my copy ESA85a as you suggested bro58. My award is apparently for 5 years but I know I will be assessed for PIP - when is the earliest I can be assessed, is it 2014 or 2015 (that's assuming I don't get one of those Right Payment things first!)

Hi mg,

That is brilliant news !!! Congratulations on the "Double" :cheer:

Barring The RPP, which you are aware of, you should not expect to be invited to claim PIP until this new DLA award is up for a renewal.

Of course, the way things are, there are no guarantees.

Thanks for the comments regarding B&W. :)

You might want to request the DLA documentation now, for future reference.

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

Hopefully, you can then relax for a couple of years.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago #108535 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Confused by ESA letter
Hi mg,

Your DLA could be changed to PIP a bit earlier than the renewal date of this 5 years fixed term award.

However, The DWP does not expect to complete the reassessment of all existing DLA claimants for PIP until March 2018, and that's if they are on schedule, and nothing changes in the mean time.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.