× Members

Fraud

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118496 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi Mods,

When asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration on this matter do I have to state on what grounds ?

Chrissy V
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #118500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fraud

chrissy v wrote: Hi Mods,

When asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration on this matter do I have to state on what grounds ?

Chrissy V

It should be enough to say "I want to request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision of dd mmm yyy to remove my award of DLA".

If you want you can provide additional information but if you do it will extend the MR period by four weeks.

Have you managed to get advice about this issue yet?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #118506 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi Gordon,

No I hav,nt not yet CAB are very very busy in my area, so I will right and as for a MR just to get the wheels in motion I have been a bit reluctant as I still do not know what my penality will be as it could mean I have to pay back 14 months of DLA MC which is in the thousands and as you know I am still waiting for tribunal for ESA 20 months on and counting £71 70 a week doesn't stretch far without the help of my dad and children I really don't know where I,d be . My Mental Health Councilor cannot believe this kind of thing is happening to people.

CV

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118653 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Fraud
Chrissy just joining this thread. I cant offer any advice but I feel sick for you reading of your experience. I'm so sorry this is happening to you & will be hoping & praying for a good outcome for you asap.

If it were me I would forget CAB & get a solicitor, & quick!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrissy v

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fraud

Cemily91 wrote: Chrissy just joining this thread. I cant offer any advice but I feel sick for you reading of your experience. I'm so sorry this is happening to you & will be hoping & praying for a good outcome for you asap.

If it were me I would forget CAB & get a solicitor, & quick!

I know it might seem obvious to turn to a solictor in these circumstances and that is certainly the correct advice in regard to any interview under caution, but the vast majority of solicitors have no understanding of benefit law and procedures and you may spend a lot of money on someone who is fundamentally unable to help you in this situation. There are of course solicitors that do have experience of the benefit system, but you need to check their credentials before using there services.

Benefit appeals are an area where a trained benefit advisor may well be the best option to go with.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 2 months ago #118682 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Fraud
Hi Chrissy,

There is a good link on Advice Now for How to handle an interview under caution You can also download and print out their Guide.

I share Gordon's advice on using a solicitor. See Getting Help part of Advice Now's 'Handling an Interview under Caution.

Good luck

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.