× Members

Fraud

More
10 years 1 month ago #118967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fraud
Hi guys

I know people are offering support to Chrissy and that some have an interest in the details of her case, but can I ask you all to remember that this is undoubtedly a very stressful and upsetting time for Chrissy, so please keep your requests to a minimum and be accepting if they do not reply to your questions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrissy v

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118968 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Fraud
Dear Doris and Micksville,

I obviously cannot comment on this case. However how much overpayment would be recovered would depend on the nature of the alleged fraud. So, for example, if someone is accused of not reporting a change in their condition such as an improvement payments could in theory be recovered from whenever this supposed improvement began. Alternatively if, for example, someone is accused of making a fraudulent initial application overpayment could be claimed from when the benefit payments started.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville, chrissy v

More
10 years 1 month ago #118977 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Fraud

Gordon wrote: Hi guys

I know people are offering support to Chrissy and that some have an interest in the details of her case, but can I ask you all to remember that this is undoubtedly a very stressful and upsetting time for Chrissy, so please keep your requests to a minimum and be accepting if they do not reply to your questions.

Gordon

Sorry Gordon I was just trying to help. On a general theme however, I assume lots of people on hrm, and Im talking mainly about those with physichal issues, lots have cars via the motability scheme. Not all will have named drivers so do the dwp not look into claimants on dla hrm driving themselves around? Just wondered how that worked. Ive been eligible for one for years but never taken up the option as though I would probably be physically able to drive a short distance I would do so only with great difficulty and discomfor and I couldnt do it every day. It just wouldnt be practical. I do have a
mobility scooter instead. Does the dla have a policy on disabled drivers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrissy v

More
10 years 1 month ago #118983 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Fraud
As far as I am aware there is no 'official' policy on disabled drivers. However a certain level of independence is assumed by the DWP in regards to those who drive. This is ironic of course, as you say DLA claimants can access a car via the motability scheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville, chrissy v

More
10 years 1 month ago #118991 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi micksville,

No they have only asked for the overpayment from 9/10/12 to 17/2/14 and I don't think I was being watched the whole 14 months it sort of states I was observed from 2/10/12 to 9/10/12 and then from 18/11/13 to 5/12/13 it's a mystery to me too I am thinking if they think my condition changed 2012 why did they let things carry on for 14 months.
Thanks for your help and support, they have always known I was the main driver and my daughter a named driver, also I do not or never have applied for any rate of care, my condition is Failed Back Surgery and Depression.

Chrisssy V

More
10 years 1 month ago #118992 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Thank you Gordon for supporting me, as you say it is a very distressing time for me but if my experience helps anyone else I am happy to answer any questions that I can, so thank you once again Gordon you have a good heart.

Chrissy V

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.