Fraud

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118227 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fraud
Hi CV,

Have a read through this rightsnet thread :

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5129/

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118264 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi All

Is Voluntary work exempt as they have also stated that I have done some for about 3 years, which is true but it is only about 2 hours a week when I am up to it and all it is is in a neighbourhood watch office , I was under the impression DLA wasn't an out of work benefit, what about all those people that work and still get DLA surely they must drive to work on a daily basis.

CV

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118265 by bro58

chrissy v wrote: Hi All

Is Voluntary work exempt as they have also stated that I have done some for about 3 years, which is true but it is only about 2 hours a week when I am up to it and all it is is in a neighbourhood watch office , I was under the impression DLA wasn't an out of work benefit, what about all those people that work and still get DLA surely they must drive to work on a daily basis.

CV

Hi CV,

DLA is indeed an "in work" allowance, and many people work whilst in receipt of DLA, so it doesn't matter whether it is voluntary work or not.

There would be a problem if the duties involved in any form of work were in direct conflict with the care needs or walking limitations that entitled you to the DLA awards.

A far fetched example of this could be a DLA recipient who was in receipt of HR Mobility who also worked as a Postman or a leaflet distributor. (i.e. a job that involved a lot of walking)

bro58

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118267 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Thanks Bro58,

No I just sit and use the phone or computer in a chair with arms and its on the ground floor of the building so no stairs to climb as toilets are on the same floor.
So I assumed right, then voluntary work is exempt .

CV

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118268 by bro58

chrissy v wrote: Thanks Bro58,

No I just sit and use the phone or computer in a chair with arms and its on the ground floor of the building so no stairs to climb as toilets are on the same floor.
So I assumed right, then voluntary work is exempt .

CV

Hi CV,

It doesn't matter whether it is voluntary work or not, as payment of wages is not an issue.

A DLA recipient could legally work a 40 hour week on a salary of £100,000/Annum, (gis a job ! :laugh: ) as long as the work duties were not in conflict with the stated limitations that resulted in The DLA award.

Dame Anne Begg who is an M.P. and chairs The Works and Pensions Select Committee, is disabled and could also be in receipt of DLA quite legally.

bro58

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #118270 by bro58
Hi Cv,

I think that you may be getting mixed up with Permitted/Voluntary Work whilst in receipt of ESA.

Permitted Work

ESA is an "out of work" benefit.

See this extract :

"Disability living allowance and the personal independence payment :

If you are on Disability living allowance (DLA) or personal independence payment (PIP) and are not claiming one of the other benefits mentioned in this factsheet there are no restrictions placed on the work you do providing you satisfy the rules for those benefits."

From this fact sheet :

Work for people living with disability or health conditions.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.