× Members

Fraud

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago #122686 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fraud

chrissy v wrote: Hi All,

I have been left a message today on my answer machine asking me to ring them back regarding DLA saying that I was recently interviewed and that I should contact them to try and sort it out to save it having to go to court , am I wrong in thinking this has come about because I have appealed, there was no mention of them taking me to court letters just said they were going to make me pay nearly £4000 pounds, can they do this now ? I haven't rang them yet I am very worried should they have not said from the start that they would take me to court.

Chrissy V

Hi cv,

It would be hard to voice any opinion without having the details of the exact reasons for their call.

I would certainly contact them to find out what they propose, you certainly don't have to commit to anything over the phone.

I would inform the adviser that is helping you of this ASAP.

If a case was to be taken against you, and I am not saying that it will, it would be in a Criminal Court. The DWP would need to prove their case "Beyond Reasonable Doubt".

As you have appealed the decision to disqualify you from DLA to The First Tier Tribunal your appeal only has to be proven on "The Balance of Probabilities", which is somewhat less than in a Criminal Prosecution as above.

Your adviser is best placed to deal with the scenario that you face, and I would not worry unduly until you know exactly what it is that they want to propose.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #122687 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Thank you Bro58, I must admit I am worried sick I feel as though I am being picked on because I live alone , also I feel bullied, I just think at the moment in my case the DWP are being very devious they all but admitted that this has come about because I had a Fit for Work decision, and I am at the doctors tomorrow for another fit note which will probably be a waste of time because my tribunal is on 28th of this month and ive got a feeling I have got to get on the merry go round again, and if that happens how long will I be without any benefit.

Chrissy V
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #122691 by bro58

chrissy v wrote: Thank you Bro58, I must admit I am worried sick I feel as though I am being picked on because I live alone , also I feel bullied, I just think at the moment in my case the DWP are being very devious they all but admitted that this has come about because I had a Fit for Work decision, and I am at the doctors tomorrow for another fit note which will probably be a waste of time because my tribunal is on 28th of this month and ive got a feeling I have got to get on the merry go round again, and if that happens how long will I be without any benefit.

Chrissy V

O.K. CV :)

If you look at this logically, if the DWP can't prove their case "On the Balance of Probabilities" at an FTT Hearing, one would think that they would struggle to prove a case of fraud in a Criminal Court "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"

This topic is so long that I cannot remember whether I have previously posted the link to this thread on rightsnet : www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5129/

If not, you may wish to read through it.

bro58

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #122692 by chrissy v
Thank you very much Bro58 I agree this topic is very long it seems never ending for me in the 2 1/2 years I have been on this site, you must be fed up of answering my questions , what would I do without you you're always very supportive so i'll take a look at the link .

Many thanks

CV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago #122693 by bro58

chrissy v wrote: Thank you very much Bro58 I agree this topic is very long it seems never ending for me in the 2 1/2 years I have been on this site, you must be fed up of answering my questions , what would I do without you you're always very supportive so i'll take a look at the link .

Many thanks

CV

Don't worry CV :)

The mods have decided to leave this topic open as it offers a modicum of support for you, and may also help other members who have the misfortune to find themselves in a similar situation.

bro58

More
9 years 9 months ago #122694 by chrissy v
Thanks Bro58, I have looked at the link and I haven't read it before so thanks for that, and thank you all mods for keeping the topic open.

CV

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.