× Members

Fraud

More
9 years 9 months ago #122743 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi All,

Well I rang the man who left the message yesterday and apparently it was about the fine that has been imposed as well as the repayment, the action that has been taken for my alleged fraud is to fine me £1,918.15 on top of having to repay £ 3,836.30 that's if I loose my appeal of which he new nothing about but said I would have to pay this if I loose my appeal so a total of £5,754.45 if my maths are right so the repayment plan will probably be over the 14 years, so fingers crossed I win if I loose well who knows they may still be trying to get the money when I'm dead and buried lol.
Thanks to all last night when I went into panic mode again.

Chrissy V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #122752 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fraud
Chrissy

The most important thing for you to do now is update your CAB advisor of what has happened and in particular the phone conversation you have had.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #122783 by chrissy v
Thanks Gordon I will do, it just seems funny timing to me just after I sent the appeal letter in, its taken them almost 6 months to tell me that they have decided to fine me , the man said it was a percentage of the overpayment that I have also got to pay if I loose my appeal so I could be paying £5 a week for the rest of my natural.

Chrissy V
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by .

9 years 9 months ago #122784 by
Replied by on topic Fraud

chrissy v wrote: Thanks Gordon I will do, it just seems funny timing to me just after I sent the appeal letter in, its taken them almost 6 months to tell me that they have decided to fine me , the man said it was a percentage of the overpayment that I have also got to pay if I loose my appeal so I could be paying £5 a week for the rest of my natural.

Chrissy V

Hi CV,

As Gordon advised last night, it is important that you update your CAB Adviser. :)

It seems that they wish to impose an Administrative Penalty/Fine, and that they are applying the maximum permissible amount which is 50% of the over payment up to a maximum of £2000.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/loss-...ty-for-benefit-fraud

On the positive side, they do have to prove their allegations at the FTT for the penalty to be imposed, and they can't issue an Administrative Penalty and prosecute you in the Criminal Courts, it's one or t'other.

bro58

More
9 years 9 months ago #122786 by chrissy v
Thanks Bro58 that's good to know, my priority now is the impending ESA Tribunal on the 28th July hope they don't adjourn it again and finally one way or the other know my fate.

Cheers Bro58

CV

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #122787 by
Replied by on topic Fraud
Hi CV,

There is more info on Administrative Penalties (Ad-Pens) : Here.

bro58

EDIT : I have corrected the link to the correct source.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.