× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147663 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Diaries for PIP
Hi

When trying to assess the award you may get for the planning and following journeys you should be aware of the cases that have gone to court trying to clarify how someone gets awarded the higher points sections.
A recent case is summed up in this link;

www.osscsc.gov.uk/judgmentfiles/j4743/UK%200313%202015-00.doc

You can Google Jacobs and Agnew if you want to read their case summaries.

The bottom line seems to be that the DWP are extremely tight in awarding the higher points but if you can see yourself as qualifying then you should put down all your circumstances and supporting evidence but you may have to fight to get put in 1d.
Your last assessor kind of understated the case when she said it was a bit tricky :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147796 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Diaries for PIP
My husband was thinking of just putting the descriptors which still apply in the boxes on the form and references to the evidence included. Does that sound like a good idea?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Diaries for PIP

Orangeblossom wrote: My husband was thinking of just putting the descriptors which still apply in the boxes on the form and references to the evidence included. Does that sound like a good idea?

Yes it is, but make sure that you understand each Descriptor fully, many have multiple criteria and all must be shown to apply for him to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 3 months ago #147823 by Orangeblossom
Many thanks Gordon. The assessor has written in detain how I meet each of the criteria for the 28 points so I can use that too to help.

We are going to number the piles of medical evidence and precious reports and can then refer to them by number.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149855 by Orangeblossom
As it come to filling in the PIP form, I'm becoming aware that the previous report sums things up well. therefore we are probably going to just state the descriptor which still applies and state to refer to the previous report as it is still applicable. Is that reasonable do you think? It seems to make things easier in a way. Obviously with anything that has changed, I will just mention that.

In terms of my husband helping with the form, is is OK for him to put "Needs help with" or does it have to say "I need".

Many thanks, hopefully this will be the last question.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #149867 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Diaries for PIP
Hi
I think it is perfectly reasonable for you to refer to the previous report and say nothing has changed.
You need to put the report in first person unless your husband is your legal appointee filling in the form for you.
You could get him to write a statement of what he does for you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.