× Members

ESA50 (No. 2)

More
10 years 1 month ago #117968 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic ESA50 (No. 2)
For Peoples information, as Gordon said it is the annual increase letter.

I sent an email to ATOS with regards to my completed ESA50 which they received on 5th December 2013.

Their reply was:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email. Your ESA50 questionnaire is still waiting to be reviewed by a health care professional, I apologise for the delay in the progression of your referral. We are currently dealing with a high volume of cases, which has caused some temporary delays, however please be assured that we will deal with your case as soon as possible.

with regards
Maggie
Customer Relations
Atos Healthcare

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119160 by DaPa
Hi,

Update ... 16 weeks tomorrow (27th March 2014) my ESA50 was received by ATOS, I have still not heard anything.

One question ... If I was found fit for work for example 2nd April ... would it be 6 months from that date that I could re apply for ESA?

Naturally I would appeal if I was found fit for work :cheer:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119161 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 (No. 2)

WeDesign wrote: Hi,

Update ... 16 weeks tomorrow (27th March 2014) my ESA50 was received by ATOS, I have still not heard anything.

One question ... If I was found fit for work for example 2nd April ... would it be 6 months from that date that I could re apply for ESA?

Naturally I would appeal if I was found fit for work :cheer:

It the date of the Decision letter but you can actually you can make a new claim the next day, but...

You will not be paid for the new claim unless or until;

- you can show you have a new or deteriorated condition
- a Decision is made on your new claim
- six months have elapsed since the FfW Decision

Whichever is the sooner

You also need to be aware that any Decision on the new claim will likely limit the result of any appeal, so if you are placed in the SG by the appeal, but found FfW on the new claim, it is the FfW which will be carried forward from the date it was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119163 by DaPa
Thanks for the reply Gordon,

Just to clarify, if I appealed a Mandatory Consideration would take place initially, failing a positive outcome of that if would then go to appeal.

At the appeal stage is this where assessment rates are paid from?

WD

More
10 years 1 month ago #119167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 (No. 2)

WeDesign wrote: Thanks for the reply Gordon,

Just to clarify, if I appealed a Mandatory Consideration would take place initially, failing a positive outcome of that if would then go to appeal.

At the appeal stage is this where assessment rates are paid from?

WD

Yes and no :)

It is now the responsibility of the claimant to lodge an appeal with the Tribunal Service once the MR has completed and they have received notice of the result.

Once the appeal has been lodged then the Assessment rate is payable, providing that the claimant has provided Fit Notes covering them from the day after the FfW Decision was made.

The DWP are claiming that it will take four weeks for payments to be enabled once they have been told by the TS that the appeal has been accepted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119170 by DaPa
Thanks,

so in theory ... 4 weeks ??? for the MR then another 4 weeks for payments to start, are they backdated to the appeal lodge date?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.