× Members

ESA50 (No. 2)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 (No. 2)

WeDesign wrote: Thanks,

so in theory ... 4 weeks ??? for the MR then another 4 weeks for payments to start, are they backdated to the appeal lodge date?

Providing the claimant has provided Fit Notes.

This is one of the decision that claimants now have to make in regard to appealing ESA, if you go down the JSA route then your claim will be refused if you have an active Fit Note, if you go down the MR route then you will only receive back payment if there is an active Fit Note in place from the date of the FfW Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119175 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic ESA50 (No. 2)
Am I correct in saying that you don't get any payments while a MR is taking place?

WD
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119181 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 (No. 2)

WeDesign wrote: Am I correct in saying that you don't get any payments while a MR is taking place?

WD

The Assessment rate is only payable once an appeal is lodged, so a claimant will receive nothing while the MR is being carried out unless they claim JSA and even then, only if the claim is accepted and only if they fulfill there Job Search agreement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaPa, chrissy v

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119603 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic ESA50 (No. 2)
I have some additional evidence of a new problem that I have that did not exist when I completed my ESA50 4 months ago.

Should I send it to the ATOS office where my ESA50 was sent and also the DWP?

If I did send in this new problem evidence is it likely to hurry up my re-assessment process or will it have no effect on the timescales?

CB
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119606 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 (No. 2)
It is worth sending such evidence to both ATOs and DWP. I'm afraid I don't know what effect it might have on the time it is taking to process your claim.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119614 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA50 (No. 2)
If you have not had a medical and this evidence shows SG entitlement sending it in may possibly avoid medical which may speed up process.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.