× Members

ESA

More
9 years 7 months ago #124520 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic ESA
I sent in about 4 different letters that I had from different people who I have seen. Also Atos requested at letter from my doctor. I know this because of what she said at the medical. the woman at ESA today sounded shocked that I said they had wrote to my doctor she said, ''did they?''. Will there is nothing on the system. The decision was made on the medical report alone. And the DM kept saying yesterday she has made the decision on the medical report. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get a fit note so I will ask then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124522 by Somerset21
When I had the medical the HP kept going on about Fibromyalgia. She seemed very knowledgeable about the condition but I had to keep saying about my Anxiety and OCD too. She just seemed interested in the Fibromyalgia.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: I sent in about 4 different letters that I had from different people who I have seen. Also Atos requested at letter from my doctor. I know this because of what she said at the medical. the woman at ESA today sounded shocked that I said they had wrote to my doctor she said, ''did they?''. Will there is nothing on the system. The decision was made on the medical report alone. And the DM kept saying yesterday she has made the decision on the medical report. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get a fit note so I will ask then.

I am afraid that the ESA113 has a very poor reputation, it is only sent to GP's in about 25% of claims and only about 25% of GPs actually bother to respond (even though they are paid to do so) and in many cases there are answers are nothing more than "yes", "no" and "don't know"!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 7 months ago #124524 by Somerset21
I think my doctor would have replied as he is pretty good. Though I have only been with him just over a year as I moved so it depends how much he read back through my medical history as I have had Anxiety and OCD over ten years.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: When I had the medical the HP kept going on about Fibromyalgia. She seemed very knowledgeable about the condition but I had to keep saying about my Anxiety and OCD too. She just seemed interested in the Fibromyalgia.

Whilst all assessors have to pass a training course that includes how to assess claimants with mental health issues, the vast majority of them have had no prior training in this area, there is a "famous" case where a Tribunal threw out the assessors report and reprimanded the DWP (for what it was worth), because the claimant was assessed by a physiotherapist and was claiming ESA purely on mental health grounds.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 7 months ago #124527 by Somerset21
I do not know what she is trained in I will have to try and get the medical report again. I have claimed PIP twice. The first time I was assessed by a Physiotherapist. The second by a nurse.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.