× Members

ESA

More
9 years 7 months ago #124562 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic ESA
Hopefully I will get the old report. As nothing has changed health wise (apart from another illness diagnosed) from when I was transferred over successfully so I can not understand yet how I do not qualify now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124563 by Somerset21
No I was more nervous on the ESA on as I had read horrible story's about them and hadn't had one before. I don't see how she has come up with I was not anxious and was normal.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124570 by Somerset21
I can not see my doctor until next week. I will ask for a letter. Is there any point in including any fact sheets to do with my conditions or will they not bother with them. I know that it is not the conditions them selves but how they effect you but would it help the DM understand the condition and symptoms if they do not know what the condition is.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: I can not see my doctor until next week. I will ask for a letter. Is there any point in including any fact sheets to do with my conditions or will they not bother with them. I know that it is not the conditions them selves but how they effect you but would it help the DM understand the condition and symptoms if they do not know what the condition is.

The DM, whilst not medically trained should have access to medical information in-house and we know that use the internet for further information, but that does not mean that they are getting the right information or that they understand it.

That said I think you need to be cautious, the more you throw at them the less they are likely to absorb, so something short, perhaps with bullet points, with links to further reading may help your case, as always it has to be relevant to the ESA Descriptors for it to have real value, a common symptom list might be a good start.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 7 months ago #124574 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic ESA
In complex cases can a DM without any medical training bring in an expert in the field to give advice beyond that of ATOS? An expensive procedure but surely to the benefit of most claimants.

Mari
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 7 months ago #124575 by Somerset21
I filled out my ESA form last October. I can not remember what I wrote about what. I know I should of kept a copy but I did not think I would need to as changing from IB to ESA was so easy. looking at the decision letter they have only cover and looked at the descriptors that I apparently said I felt were relevant No other descriptor has been considered. Looking at the descriptors now I should of put a couple down that I didn't before. I thought they would cover them all like they did in PIP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.