× Members

ESA

More
9 years 7 months ago #124555 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic ESA
Would I be able to pick out bits and say like. ''she looked tense and anxious''. Apperently at the ESA one I was fine. Nothing wrong at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: What about the medication part. Is that any good to you think.

Listing your medication is relevant for at least one reason and possibly two, first it testifies to the severity of your conditions and secondly, depending how you are affected you may also suffer from side effects from those medicines that make your situation worse.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 7 months ago #124557 by Somerset21
Thank you for all your help so far. Yes I feel that she didn't take my mental health issues or medications into affect as I take a few. The every day ones are fluoxetine and amitripyline.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124558 by Gordon

Michelle wrote: Would I be able to pick out bits and say like. ''she looked tense and anxious''. Apperently at the ESA one I was fine. Nothing wrong at all.

Yes you can, but remember that the report is relevant to the day that you were assessed, so you should give some thought as what differences there might have been that might have been the two days, for example; from a negative point of view, were you more relaxed in the ESA assessment because the PIP one had been less of a challenge than you expected, conversely, was the PIP one a real problem and you over medicated on the day of the ESA assessment in order to cope with it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #124559 by Gordon

Michelle wrote: Thank you for all your help so far. Yes I feel that she didn't take my mental health issues or medications into affect as I take a few. The every day ones are fluoxetine and amitripyline.

It's quite possible, but you will only be awarded ESA by showing that you meet criteria, failings in the medical report (in themselves) will not result in an award, so you must concentrate on this aspect first.

Gordon

More
9 years 7 months ago #124560 by Somerset21
There is a Citizens Advice drop in next week in my area. I will be popping along. Not sure if they can squeeze me in but will try.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.