× Members

ESA

More
9 years 7 months ago #124537 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Michelle wrote: Prescriptions not perceptions.

You can buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate or you may qualify for free prescriptions due to low income.

www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcosts/pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124543 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic ESA
Hi. Thank you Gordan that was a great example you put last night. Made things a lot clearer in my head. Well I went to the doctors to get a fit note. Wasn't my usual doctor. He wasn't great but did one for 2 weeks. The reason he put was, anxiety. I asked about the letter but there was nothing on the system from or to Atos or DWP which I do not understand as of what was said at the medical. I was wondering, I know ESA and PIP have different descriptors but a couple of things that the HP from the ESA medical said are conflicting to what the 2 PIP medicals I had. can I bring this up. For instance ESA said I have no problems with my grip. both PIP said I do. ESA said I coped when in the medical, no problem. both PIP said I looked tense and anxious. Also phoned ESA back this morning. A man I spoke to had no problem requesting my recent HP report and the old one.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124549 by Gordon
Michelle

You'll need to maintain a Fit Note from now on until a new Decision is made, so don't forget to go back for a new one in about a week, hopefully you will see your usual GP and they will issue a longer one next time.

Our understanding is that PIP reports cannot be used for ESA claims by the DWP and vice versa, however, this does not stop you doing so, but you must highlight the areas that they overlap, your difficulty will be that even though they may be testing the same area, for example "grip" (ESA refers to this as dexterity), the wordings of the test will be different so you need to show that your problems are consistent for the two definition.

I don't know how PIP assessors measure the anxiety that a claimant is experiencing during the assessment, but for ESA it is very simplistic and usually revolves around the claimant being unable to maintain eye contact and rocking in the chair. I don't know what percentage of claimants with mental health issues experience these symptoms, it's probably more than half but could easily be just 51%.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #124550 by Somerset21
Yes I am having a telephone conversation with my usual doctor Monday and will let him know what is going on then and ask for a letter of support. To be honest I can rock back and forth. Shake my legs. Fidget with my fingers. Numerous stuff really. In my PIP report it says, '' She did come to the assessment with her son and she was fidgeting and seemed tense during the assessment. She is also noted to be taking fluoxetine which is a medication for low mood and anxiety which would be consistent with needing prompting too mix with others.

More
9 years 7 months ago #124553 by Gordon

Michelle wrote: Yes I am having a telephone conversation with my usual doctor Monday and will let him know what is going on then and ask for a letter of support. To be honest I can rock back and forth. Shake my legs. Fidget with my fingers. Numerous stuff really. In my PIP report it says, '' She did come to the assessment with her son and she was fidgeting and seemed tense during the assessment. She is also noted to be taking fluoxetine which is a medication for low mood and anxiety which would be consistent with needing prompting too mix with others.

This is a good example of where you will need to be careful with the language you use, PIP refers to "prompting", ESA does not.

Gordon

More
9 years 7 months ago #124554 by Somerset21
What about the medication part. Is that any good to you think.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.