× Members

WERE TO SEND ESA50

More
8 years 10 months ago #136088 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Health assessment
Ok will do that also last year when I sent Samra esa50 of I sent loads of supporting evidence . The question I got is do they still contact the Gp? Like they use to few years back to ask if the person is able to work or not ? Or do I have to get the evidence of Samras GP for her to provide evidence that she has limited capability for work ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health assessment

Samra wrote: Ok will do that also last year when I sent Samra esa50 of I sent loads of supporting evidence . The question I got is do they still contact the Gp? Like they use to few years back to ask if the person is able to work or not ? Or do I have to get the evidence of Samras GP for her to provide evidence that she has limited capability for work ?

As an assessment has been booked it is now very unlikely that Maximus will now contact Samras's GPif they have not already done so, so you should assume that you/they will need to source any additional evidence.

It is important to understand that ESA does not directly test a claimants ability to work and that a GP's statement that they are unfit for work is of virtual no value. ESA looks at the claimants ability to perform a number of daily activities and each of these must be addressed as applicable, see the ESA Claim guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136134 by Samra
Thanks I've got all her prognosis of her condition and all past letters saying everything that she's been through and all the documents from the post conceding her past form etc etc . I just wanted to clarify if the doctor needs to class her as fit for work letter thanks

More
8 years 10 months ago #136141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health assessment

Samra wrote: Thanks I've got all her prognosis of her condition and all past letters saying everything that she's been through and all the documents from the post conceding her past form etc etc . I just wanted to clarify if the doctor needs to class her as fit for work letter thanks

The GP must be issuing Fit Notes or she would not be receiving and ESA payments so she is already certified as being Unfit for Work, as I said in my previous post, a GP letter than only repeats this is worth virtually nothing and is certainly not worth paying for if the GP were to charge.

What you need the GP to do is to explain why she is unfit for work and specifically in relation to the ESA Descriptors, they may feel that they cannot do this for all of them, perhaps due to lack of knowledge but there will be some that are more closely related to her conditions that they should feel qualified to provide information on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136256 by Samra
Sorry I didn't understand that at all , does it mean he can write a letter saying why she is unfit for work and saying why ? And her health conditions? Also untill a decision is made will she get paid ?

More
8 years 10 months ago #136257 by Samra
Also Samra can get carers allowance and I can't claim it because I'm working and my wife can't to because we get child tax credit and child benifet for my little son is there anything else I can claim rather then carers allowence because its unclaimed?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.