× Members

LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!

More
8 years 3 months ago #148678 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Some of the confusion may arise because DLA is paid four weeks in arrears, so one should be paid the 28 days after the decision, plus any outstanding payments that accrue from the DLA being paid in arrears, if that makes sense? Or am I confused also? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 3 months ago #149039 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
I sent in my PIP2 form over 2 weeks ago. I am in an ATOS area and I haven't heard anything yet about going to an assessment. I only had a text from the DWP to say they received the form.

I realise that I could be called in over the next few weeks unless they decide to grant me PIP or refuse me PIP without a f2f assessment.

What worries me is I have an 'invisible' disability. From mid-October to earlier this month, I have been in a depressive phase but with increased medication, this phase is now beginning to lift. I am able to resume an exercise regime which I had no motivation to and my appetite has returned. There are still side effects to my heavy meds but by working around them, my limitations in the day are not what they were even a few weeks ago. Basically, instead of the majority of the week being floored by them, it is only a couple of days in the week that this is now happening.

I am very anxious about a f2f assessment. I will appear well. I will go in properly dressed and washed. I can make eye contact. I am not 'rocking and sweating' (not that I ever do such things in depressive phases). I have no problems with concentration. I have good insight into my illness. I am compliant with medication. I have no idea if my current mood will result in 'going high'. That can happen in a matter of a couple of days from 0-60mph with no warning but my family monitor me daily and would step in if there was any suggestion of it.

Given ATOS HPs are not mental health experts, in the main, even if the assessment is not meant to be a 'snapshot' assessment of a fluctuating illness, I still believe I will be penalised for being well and refused PIP.

I know there was a suggestion of doing a diary and taking that in... when I was depressed and not functioning I had no motivation to do a diary. Now I am better, getting more stable, any diary will have no value. I am also in work (part time at home) and not on ESA although PIP is an in-work benefit.

I am just looking for reassurance or insight from anyone who has a mental health condition which fluctuates that I won't be at a disadvantage for having a f2f assessment on a 'good day'.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149059 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Libra

Members can of course comment if they wish.

I don't think there is a good answer to this but also, it is what it is. All you can do is explain that you condition is fluctuating and they are seeing you on a good day. The Decision must be made on what you can reliably do on the majority of days, if you have explained your limitations on this basis in the PIP2 then they should be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149064 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Hi I have had a PIP assessment with a nurse from Atos which was mainly mental health...I was Ok that day too and answered normally, told her I go swimming, shopping locally although I often don't bring back what I went for etc. I was just completely honest. I got enhanced care but no mobility as it is OK. HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
8 years 3 months ago #149066 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
PS I have a care plan from my recovery team which they used as evidence )I did a SAR so have the report etc) It details stuff like yoga, mindfulness and CBT as well as my long term antipsychotic and antidepressant meds. So something like that can be helpful. I had a home visit.

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 3 months ago #149073 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
It is what it is.

So, I shall have to trust in the Gods that, on the day, my assessor is someone who gets it and follows the rules as intended, not skew it to up their figures to bump someone off the benefit.

Of course, I could be spared all this by being refused outright without a f2f if my PIP2 doesn't meet the basic threshold.

I am buying a lottery ticket tonight with the winning numbers. If I had the means, I would never apply for state help ever, entitled or not. The process is excruciating. Hell.

I am not going to let my stability (even if only very newly established this time) be compromised. I know with this illness that the next episode will come. I just want to enjoy being 'normal' while it lasts.

Thanks for your thoughts, Gordon.

If anyone has applied for PIP for a fluctuating mental health condition and had an assessment on a 'good day', I would be interested to know how it turned out. Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.