× Members

LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!

More
8 years 1 month ago #153062 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries
Hello,

It's been over 5 weeks since the DWP got my paper based report back from ATOS (I'm in the London area). I phoned last week to ask whether the DM has made a decision yet and was told there wasn't one yet.

My fixed term DLA is due to expire next week.

What happens now? Do they write to me to extend my DLA whilst I wait for a decision on PIP?

Are there delays, backlogs? Just wondering why it is taking so long for them to make a decision when ATOS only took 3 weeks to do a paper assessment.

Of course, I am worried that the DM will go against the recommendations of the Assessor (got a copy of the report which was favourable). Does that happen often?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries

libra1 wrote: Hello,

It's been over 5 weeks since the DWP got my paper based report back from ATOS (I'm in the London area). I phoned last week to ask whether the DM has made a decision yet and was told there wasn't one yet.

What happens now? Do they write to me to extend my DLA whilst I wait for a decision on PIP?

Are there delays, backlogs? Just wondering why it is taking so long for them to make a decision when ATOS only took 3 weeks to do a paper assessment.

Of course, I am worried that the DM will go against the recommendations of the Assessor (got a copy of the report which was favourable). Does that happen often?

Thank you.

Should the need arise the DWP can extend the term of your current DLA so that it remains in payment.

If you phone again this week then it might help to mention that your current award is about to expire.

Whilst we cannot confirm it at the moment, it's our belief that the DWP have pushed too many re-assessments through the system and the Decision Makers are unable to keep up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153074 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries

libra1 wrote: Hello,

Thank you.

Hi l1,

It is perfectly understandable that the wait for the decision is bothering you !! :)

However, as previously advised, we are aware that the whole PIP Assessment Process has slowed down since New Year !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153083 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!
Thank you Gordon and bro58,

Yes, it is worrying me. I am fearful that the DM might disagree with the Atos recommendation and lose me points or the recommendation of an award altogether.

Is it right that once you are part of the PIP assessment process, then even if your DLA expiry date comes and goes, your DLA remains in payment regardless? I am worried that it will just stop.

On the bright side, the longer they take to make a decision, the longer my DLA remains in payment. :)

If they do adopt the Assessor's recommendations then the recommended PIP award will mean a loss of about £200 a month - down from high rate care low rate mobility DLA to standard rate daily living PIP. Not to mention, there would be a further £100 per month loss of the severe disability element of my working tax credits. I am bracing myself for a total loss of £300 per month. So yes, I do want to know where I stand.

Gordon - the woman on the phone at the DWP was clueless as to whether there were backlogs. All she said was that as well as a lot of DLA to PIP assessments like mine, they had a lot of fresh PIP claims to deal with. But, she didn't confirm there was a backlog when I directly asked her. However, maybe they can't say this considering the hot water they got into with all the delays when PIP was rolled out, which they have only just recovered from. I remember reading there was a court judgment saying the delays were unlawful, so.. maybe they don't want to admit it? Yet? But, I will call and remind them my DLA is about to expire...

Thanks for the info, suggestions and reassurance. :)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153088 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!
LIbra

If they need to then the DWP can extend your current DLA award so that it remain in payment until a Decision of your PIP claim is made.

Whilst it is uncommon, we have seen the Decision Maker disagree with the recommendation of the assessor. DLA HRC is awarded for completely different reasons to PIP Enhanced Rate Daily Living, so it is one of those areas where we are seeing a lot of changed awards.

Before the New Year we were seeing Decisions being made in 1-2 weeks now it's more like 3-5 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
8 years 1 month ago #153959 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic Update
Hello,

After calling last week to find out if there had been any progress on my PIP decision (no there wasn't), I got a letter to say that, given my DLA fixed term award expires this week, they would be extending my DLA until March 2017.

I also got a one week payment of DLA I wasn't expecting this week. I phoned up to ask why that was and was told it was the final DLA payment from my expired fixed term award and that my next (now extended) DLA payment would be in 4 weeks time.

I was also told no decision has been made as yet, still. I was told that at the end of last week the DWP case managers were dealing with reports received on 26th January 2016 from the assessors. My report arrived with them on the 29th. I have no idea what that really means. Does it take one day, three days, one week, two weeks or what to deal with each batch of cases by date order of arrival with the case managers? Therefore, I am none the wiser as to when my PIP decision will be made. I am assuming it is probably sooner rather than later.

Gordon and bro58 - I was also told that on the day my PIP decision is made, my DLA will run on for 4 weeks from the date of the decision and not from the next payday after the decision (as all their online 'PIP myth buster' info and other regulations seem to indicate). There was no explanation for this confusing information.

Just thought I'd update you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.