× Members

LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151047 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Hello,

All my worries about having a f2f assessment are shelved. Just had a letter to tell me the DWP have all the information and reports needed about my condition and how this affects me and my claim for PIP. They apologise for the delay in making a decision on my claim and will contact me as soon as they have done so.

That is either good news or bad news.

I rang ATOS (who did my report) to ask them for a copy of it, so I can be forewarned. They put me back through to the DWP who told me they would ask the case manager to send me a copy of the report but there has been no decision yet.

Is this normal? For the DWP rather than ATOS to send me the report done by ATOS before making a decision?

I have a diagnosed mental health condition (bipolar on heavy psychoactive medication), no Psychiatrist or CMHT, and sent through a completed PIP2, historic medical letters and a current letter from my GP and family who care for me.

I hear that people who are assessed on paper without a f2f with mental illness are regularly turned down for PIP. Is that right?

Relieved at not having to have an assessment but worried it's a straight rejection. Don't have any fight to MR the decision if it's bad news. I have nothing more to add medically in terms of evidence. It would be pointless unless the report is manifestly ridiculous.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Libra

ATOS (Capita and Maximus) are acting as contractor for the DWP and have no direct relationship with the claimant, it is the DWP that does which is why all requests for this type of information need to go through them.

I'm not aware of any statistics as to the success rate for paper based assessments and I would certainly not draw any conclusions from the feedback we have had in the forum, they are far too variable to draw any realistic conclusions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151052 by libra1
Thanks Gordon. I guess the next thing I will get in the post is the report from the DWP or the decision letter.

From reading the forum, I realise that success with a PIP claim without a f2f assessment is rare. However, I also know from other forums which deal with mental health mainly that being 'waived through' without a f2f on paper does happen a lot - but that is usually with claimants who are under mental health team care currently or with more recent hospitalisations. I am neither.

I want to be hopeful but...

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151054 by

libra1 wrote: Hello,

All my worries about having a f2f assessment are shelved. Just had a letter to tell me the DWP have all the information and reports needed about my condition and how this affects me and my claim for PIP. They apologise for the delay in making a decision on my claim and will contact me as soon as they have done so.

That is either good news or bad news.

I rang ATOS (who did my report) to ask them for a copy of it, so I can be forewarned. They put me back through to the DWP who told me they would ask the case manager to send me a copy of the report but there has been no decision yet.

Is this normal? For the DWP rather than ATOS to send me the report done by ATOS before making a decision?

I have a diagnosed mental health condition (bipolar on heavy psychoactive medication), no Psychiatrist or CMHT, and sent through a completed PIP2, historic medical letters and a current letter from my GP and family who care for me.

I hear that people who are assessed on paper without a f2f with mental illness are regularly turned down for PIP. Is that right?

Relieved at not having to have an assessment but worried it's a straight rejection. Don't have any fight to MR the decision if it's bad news. I have nothing more to add medically in terms of evidence. It would be pointless unless the report is manifestly ridiculous.

Hi l1,

I see ; Here that you have made several different topics on your PIP related queries, please try and keep all your PIP queries to this one topic.

I will merged them all together under the Topic Title "LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic" when the forum is closed.

If it has been confirmed to you that you have received a paper based assessment and your PIP file has been returned to The DWP PIP DM to make the final decision, as you rightly state that does not give any indication of whet PIP Award will be made.

All "Benefit" Medical Reports and Documents are stored by The DWP !!

ATOS, Maximus nor Capita keep them nor copies of them, so it would be normal to have to request copy of any such "Documents" from DWP rather than The AP !!

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

You can generally obtain a copy of The PIP PA4 medical Report by ringing the PIP Helpline.

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

The PIP Assessment Process has been slowing down since the New Year !

Some members have managed to obtain a copy before receiving the decision and some have had to wait until after the decision.

I certainly wouldn't assume that you will be turned down due to having a paper based assessment.

All that it indicates is that The AP considers that they have enough paper evidence to make recommendations without the need for a face to face.

Just because a claimant receives an initial adverse decision, and the same under an MR, does not mean that the claimant cannot be successful at an appeal using exactly the same evidence.

The adverse decision could be purely down to poor quality Decision Making on the part of The DWP and success rates with The Appeals Tribunal Service are currently running at 60% ! :)

Please do keep us updated by replying to this topic.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

8 years 2 months ago #151055 by

libra1 wrote: Thanks Gordon. I guess the next thing I will get in the post is the report from the DWP or the decision letter.

From reading the forum, I realise that success with a PIP claim without a f2f assessment is rare. However, I also know from other forums which deal with mental health mainly that being 'waived through' without a f2f on paper does happen a lot - but that is usually with claimants who are under mental health team care currently or with more recent hospitalisations. I am neither.

I want to be hopeful but...

Hi l1,

As the PIP Assessment System "jams up" I think that we may see more and more paper based assessments as we did with ESA !!

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151059 by libra1
Thanks bro58

I didn't realise that if I post I was to post only on one thread under my name at all. All my posts have been about PIP and nothing else, although with various questions about the PIP process as I have been going through each stage.

But thanks for the heads up. I will only endeavour to stick to this thread in future and bookmark the page... although the subject heading might not be accurate. It will all be under my name!

Libra
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.