× Members

LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #160295 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!
Gordon

I was encouraged to apply for an MR on taking nutrition by my family and my GP, who provided evidence of my weight loss to evidence that I need prompting to eat because of mental health issues and lack of motivation. He also pointed out that the occasional binge eating was as a result of the side effects of my anti-psychotic medication but for the majority of the time, I eat little or not at all, which is true. I have trouble understanding what is my illness and what is the side effects of my meds with my appetite fluctuations.

I took the risk and applied last month to ask for an MR of that one activity. I said I accepted the original decision maker's reasoning for all the other activities and the 11 points already awarded.

I read your guides and weighed up that my original application was strong enough for me not to lose the points already awarded which got me the standard rate daily living. I also got such an impressive letter from my GP arguing the medical merits that I thought my request for an MR had a strong chance.

Lo and behold.. 3 weeks later, my MR has been successful. The DWP decision maker has decided to award me a further 2 points for needing supervision to take nutrition, as opposed to 0 points in the original decision. I thought it strange as we were arguing I needed prompting rather than supervision. In any event, that extra 2 points has taken me from 11 to 13 points. I am now being awarded enhanced rate daily living PIP, instead of the standard rate daily living! I am shaking. I was worried they might dock me points as it is always a risk to apply for an MR as they look at the whole award from scratch and I could have lost my PIP award entirely.

I cannot tell you what an enormous difference this will make to me financially. I feel I have been fire-fighting these last 7 months since the whole DLA to PIP nightmare began. I can now afford the therapeutic help my GP has been trying to get me to help me manage my mood disorder. My award is for 3 years, with a review after 2 years.

Until next time...

Thank you Gordon and thank you to everyone who has helped me here. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!
Libra

Well done for arguing your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
7 years 10 months ago #160406 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!
That's great news Libra, thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.