LIBRA1's PIP Queries Topic !!!

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago #144087 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Thank you bro58. That's good to know.

I will do my best with my application for PIP and I have help from family and from medics. From what you say, if I am refused, then my DLA stops 4 weeks after any adverse decision, regardless.

I think by then, knowing how I am feeling now, I don't know if I would consider pursuing it further, to mandatory reconsideration or appeal. It is a lot of work and agony. I don't have the mental fight, if before I even initiate my claim, I am already affected. I don't want to deteriorate any further. I can't cope with another breakdown. The time it takes to re-stabilise takes too long and picking up the mess along the way afterwards is painful.

I am going to leave everything to the last available moment, in that case. I don't have to make the PIP1 phone call until the 24th November. Then, that's the day I will make the call. I don't have to return PIP2 and accompanying evidence until one calendar month after the PIP1 call, which will be Christmas Eve. Then, that is the day, my PIP2 will arrive with the DWP. I see nothing wrong with that (as long as I don't miss the prescribed deadlines). Hope that's ok.

Thank you again for the info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144105 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Its entirely up to you how long you take to return forms as long as you don't miss any deadlines.

Best of luck.

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144817 by libra1
Hello,

I initiated my PIP1 claim by phone today. The DWP operator told me that a PIP2 form should arrive in 2 weeks time and told me that I would have 30 days to complete it from the day it arrives. Is this right?

I thought from looking at the PIP handbook issued by the government that the date of the claim (and the one calendar month in which to complete and return PIP2) starts from the day of the initial phone call, ie. from today. That would mean my PIP2 form has to be with them by 23rd December 2015 at the latest. The DWP operator seemed to say it was 30 days from 7th December (in 2 weeks time) and told me I would have until 6th January 2016 to return my 'how your disability affects you' form. He also said that I would have to have a face to face assessment. Is that right? I queried that. He insisted everybody has to have one, regardless.

Also, he did not ask me if I have a mental health condition as I was expecting to be asked as part of the initial claim. So, I told him I do and he said that wasn't relevant.

Confused.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144835 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
Hi Libra,

If this is a brand new claim, it will be dated from when you made the initial phone call. If you are transferring from DLA, DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the PIP decision, then will stop, no matter what that decision is.

Either way, you will have 1 month to complete the PIP2counting from the date on the letter (which means you will actually get less than 1 month). You can phone and request an extension if you need to, they seem to be granted without any argument at the moment but this is where you might need to use your mental health problem as a reason to extend. The extension would be for 2 weeks.

Most people have a face2face assessment but not everyone. If the HealthCare Practitioner feels they have enough information, with the PIP2 and supporting documents, they can recommend an award without the f2f.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago #144841 by libra1
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback.

My anti-psychotic meds have been recently increased and the side effects are pretty horrendous as I am now on a very high dose. I will see how it goes but may ask to extend as my concentration levels are not great. Feel like a zombie.

That makes sense. As a DLA to PIP transferee, then it is 1 month from the date on the PIP2 letter, whatever it will be (as the deadline) plus a 2 week extension if I get one.

• Mrs. Medlam
8 years 5 months ago #144872 by Mrs. Medlam
Replied by Mrs. Medlam on topic Received DWP letter no decision yet - PIP
I too am transferring from Dla to Pip phoned the 13th Nov for phone interview told I would have 30 days to fill in " how your diss affects you" from when I received it. Well got the brown envelope on Sat 21st and I have until the 13th Dec to return it so only 22 days to get it back , plus the 13th is a Sunday so will have to post it by the 9th at the latest so they get it. Too much pressure on people and not enough time. Really stressing now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.