× Members

WRAG

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101916 by P
WRAG was created by P
If received notification this morning that I am to be placed in the WRAG without a medical (transferred from IB) but I feel that I should be place in the Support Group. I only sent my form on the 5th of March and their letter is dated the 27th so only 3 weeks to make their decision

I have phone and asked for reasons why I have been placed in the WRAG and they will be sending me the reasons.

I know I have to complete the GL24 form but I don’t know what else I can say as my esa50 was very comprehensive.

I suffer from among other illnesses chronic migraines/headaches which I did try to tie in with the descriptor but there didn’t seem to be a direct descriptor for them. Would it be reasonable to consider chronic migraine/headaches would meet one of the associated exceptional circumstances rules?

Can you site two reasons that you should be place in the support group i.e. meet one of the descriptor for the support group and exception circumstance?

Finally (sorry to go on) I have briefly looked at the GL24 and it ask if you are bringing a representative to the appeal and to state their name. Do I have to give this information at this stage?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101918 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Replied by Ms Lorraine Kay on topic WRAG
He there,
Me too. I'm in the exact same position and received the news today. I am going to write to get this 'written statement of reasons' and would like to know how quickly I'm supposed to do this please?
Like the above person, I too feel I gave comprehensive information on the ESA 50 which has not been considered properly.
Is it best to try to get a representative from a group to assist with the appeal process?
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

More
11 years 1 month ago #101919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG
P

If you have a look at the ESA Appeals guide in the member area, it explains how to complete the GL24 and also goes on to explain about presenting your case.

You can have as many reasons for you qualifying for the Support Group as you wish.

I cannot comment in regard to your migraines meeting the requirements for the Exceptional Circumstances, but you should be aware that there is no SG equivalent to the Consciousness during waking moments descriptor, which would appear to be the most relevant.

Also to meet the EC requirements but you would need to show that these would place you or others at risk if you were to be required to carry out Work Related Activity. The burden of proof lies wholely with you in regard the EC's so you will need to provide medical evidence that confirms that this is the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101920 by
Replied by on topic WRAG

Rose Hip wrote: He there,
Me too. I'm in the exact same position and received the news today. I am going to write to get this 'written statement of reasons' and would like to know how quickly I'm supposed to do this please?
Like the above person, I too feel I gave comprehensive information on the ESA 50 which has not been considered properly.
Is it best to try to get a representative from a group to assist with the appeal process?
Thanks

Hi,

Gordon is writing a response to the original query, which will hopefully answer your query also.

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago #101925 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Replied by Ms Lorraine Kay on topic WRAG
thanks for the info & link but my e-mail (IE) doesn't accept the address highlighted in blue. Any easier suggestions?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG

Rose Hip wrote: thanks for the info & link but my e-mail (IE) doesn't accept the address highlighted in blue. Any easier suggestions?

The address is valid so try copy/paste.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.