× Members

WRAG

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101930 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

Rose Hip wrote: He there,
Me too. I'm in the exact same position and received the news today. I am going to write to get this 'written statement of reasons' and would like to know how quickly I'm supposed to do this please?
Like the above person, I too feel I gave comprehensive information on the ESA 50 which has not been considered properly.
Is it best to try to get a representative from a group to assist with the appeal process?
Thanks

Hi,

It is highly unlikely that there will be a Written Statement of Reasons.

You could request all ESA documentation used in coming to The WRAG decision.

There will definitely be an ESA85A and an LT54, see :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

You can request this documentation by issuing a SAR, although if you intend to appeal, you should not miss your one month deadline to do so, if the documents have not arrived.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

You can state in The GL24 Form that you have issued a SAR for said documentation, and will provide further information when you have received them.

It may be the case that you do not have to provide any further information, and you could simply draw the reviewing DM's attention to information you have already provided.

Remember, the important issue is to show how and why your limitations fulfill at least one of the SG Descriptors, and/or you may suffer "Substantial Risk"

See : SG (LCWRA) Descriptors

ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

Qualifying for the Support Group

See also :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

From our : ESA FAQ’s

And :

What will I be paid while I appeal?

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How to submit an appeal

How long do I have to appeal?

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

From our : Appeals FAQ’s

You may also find these helpful :

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

DM Guide LCW & LCWRA

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You can try and obtain representation from one of the potential sources below, however this has now become most difficult, as legal aid is being withdrawn for First Tier Tribunal Appeals :

Where to get advice?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago #101932 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Replied by Ms Lorraine Kay on topic WRAG
Have e-mailed a message to whomever was pasted in, but my e-mail wouldn't allow me to see it to check. Hope OK and you've got it. Thanks for your patience.

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101936 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Oh heck, what a lot to take in.
I have never been sent for any medical. I only filled in the ESA50 and requested a home visit for any assessment. My GP told me he would lend his support. then came the form telling me I'm in the WRAG group and will get contribution-based ESA for 12months. I've had no interview at all.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101937 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

Rose Hip wrote: Oh heck, what a lot to take in.
I have never been sent for any medical. I only filled in the ESA50 and requested a home visit for any assessment. My GP told me he would lend his support. then came the form telling me I'm in the WRAG group and will get contribution-based ESA for 12months. I've had no interview at all.

Hi,

I do not expect you to take it all in at once. :)

However, you have access to nearly all the information that you will need on one post, and can even hit the "Favourite" button which will bookmark it for you for future reference.

Even though you have not had a face to face assessment, you have had a Paper Assessment, and there will have been an ESA85A Medical Report generated by The ATOS HCP.

May I suggest that you take the time to read through the information provided, and make queries, if and when they pop up.

Your response indicates to me that you have very limited knowledge of The ESA WCA process.

We will try to help as much as we can. :)

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101942 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Thanks for all this info I will have a good reed to see if i can get my head around it.

Just one more question I was told by the Atos help line that my claim was being delt with by Henly job centre in stoke on trent but when I got my letter this morning the heading was Birmingham job centre. When I telephone and asked for the reasons for the decission they confirmed that it was being delt with my Henly. On my letter it says return to Birmingham.

Would I be right in assuming that I retun it to the Birmingham address and they will forward it on or should I check this further.

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101944 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Just picking up the point about the 'written statement of reasons', this was stated on theGL24 form I downloaded from the gov.site and they say that they should respond within 14 days when you ask for a written as opposed to a verbal or face-to-face response as to how the decision was made. They actually state that this request for it in writing extends the one month appeal period and that they send a revised appeal deadline with their response.
Is that not worth doing then?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.