× Members

WRAG

• bro58
11 years 1 week ago #103382 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi, should I write again and ask for the LT54?

Hi P,

It is up to you, but there should definitely be one.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104322 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Hi, I have wrote and asked again for the LT54 and have also said that if there is not one could they confirm this in writing, that was 3 weeks ago. In the meantime I had a letter for my interview. I phoned to ask if I could defer the interview as I had appealed the WRAG award and was appealing to be placed in the support group. The man said "oh that only takes a week for an appeal" When I said l'd appealed 3 weeks ago and hadn't heard anything he then said "err I think something else happens after" anyway you can't defer but you can have a phone interview. The lady from the job centre phoned yesterday and was very nice, she said that I don't have to take part in the work programme as I am appealing and that she would contact me again in about 8 weeks just to see if there was anything she could do. I was really worried about the interview but she was really nice and helpful. Just thought this might be useful for others to know. Going back to the appeal time I know it's not a week and that there is a reconsideration stage but can you give some idea as to how long I will wait to hear
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 11 months ago #104326 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi, I have wrote and asked again for the LT54 and have also said that if there is not one could they confirm this in writing, that was 3 weeks ago. In the meantime I had a letter for my interview. I phoned to ask if I could defer the interview as I had appealed the WRAG award and was appealing to be placed in the support group. The man said "oh that only takes a week for an appeal" When I said l'd appealed 3 weeks ago and hadn't heard anything he then said "err I think something else happens after" anyway you can't defer but you can have a phone interview. The lady from the job centre phoned yesterday and was very nice, she said that I don't have to take part in the work programme as I am appealing and that she would contact me again in about 8 weeks just to see if there was anything she could do. I was really worried about the interview but she was really nice and helpful. Just thought this might be useful for others to know. Going back to the appeal time I know it's not a week and that there is a reconsideration stage but can you give some idea as to how long I will wait to hear

Hi P,

As a guideline the DWP used to say that a reconsideration would be carried out within 11-12 weeks. However, it depends how long the DWP class as a reasonable amount of time to deal with this.

It would obviously depend, on the workload of the particular office dealing with it.

You could contact the DWP for updates.

bro58

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104777 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Hi I've got a couple of questions if that's okay. I received acknowledgement of my appeal on 25th April and today I have received a second acknowledgement from a different jobcentre but the same person only this one is signed. Do you normally get two letters? Secondly on my es85a report the hcp says that the doctor letter does not suggest support group inclusion. My doctor was off sick so I was only able to get a basic letter but it did state that they supported my esa claim. Unfortunately neither the dr surgery or me realised that they had to specifically stated support group. I'm going to write to my dr and ask for her support. I get so confused with the two groups and just wanted to make sure I ask the right thing. Can you give me any advice on what to ask for. Thanks again for all your help.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104783 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi I've got a couple of questions if that's okay. I received acknowledgement of my appeal on 25th April and today I have received a second acknowledgement from a different jobcentre but the same person only this one is signed. Do you normally get two letters? Secondly on my es85a report the hcp says that the doctor letter does not suggest support group inclusion. My doctor was off sick so I was only able to get a basic letter but it did state that they supported my esa claim. Unfortunately neither the dr surgery or me realised that they had to specifically stated support group. I'm going to write to my dr and ask for her support. I get so confused with the two groups and just wanted to make sure I ask the right thing. Can you give me any advice on what to ask for. Thanks again for all your help.

It is unusual for a claimant to get two letters, it is most likely because the person dealing with your claim has moved offices and they wanted you to have the correct address for you to send information to.

With regard the GP's letter, you need to be careful that you are not directing the doctor what to say as this can lead to both the DWP Decision Maker and a Tribunal Panel refusing to accept the letter.

That said, to be effective the GP needs to refer to the Support Group Descriptors or to the Exceptional Circumstances, Regulation 35, see

Qualifying for the Support Group

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: P

• Rose Hip
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104925 by Rose Hip
Replied by Rose Hip on topic WRAG
Hi, me again.
I appealed and received acknowledgment that this was lodged.
I wrote two separate letters - the first requesting a Statement of Reasons and the second (about a week later with a SAR form asking for all the documents used. I had nothing back from either.
My interview at the Job Centre was made into a phone interview after I called them and explained things - the lady was very nice and obviously had better things to do than waste her time trying to find out about my job prospects, but we had to go through a lot of stuff regardless. She's going to call every 3 months whilst the appeal is going through. That's OK.
She confirmed she had details on her screen about the appeal and I asked if my requests for documents were there, No but she got the office who would know to call me. This they did and were in Kilmarnock (not where I 'd sent my letters & ESA50). They had no requests on their system, but did agree to send me an ESA85A, which arrived.

Should I write again for the other documents?
The assessment says I'd likely score over threshold for mobilising, standing, sitting & reaching and that this is confirmed by a Med3 & 113. This they say meets the criteria for having limited capability for work.
I've since discovered a worsening of my medical problem- which existed when I filled in the form but I was ignorant of this at that time. My GP thinks spinal surgery will be needed and is pressing me to go for further consultations. I have asked him for an additional response for my appeal which includes these developments. My physio has also offered to make a statement.

Any other advice please at this stage?
My thanks
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.