× Members

WRAG

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101945 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Thanks for all this info I will have a good reed to see if i can get my head around it.

Just one more question I was told by the Atos help line that my claim was being delt with by Henly job centre in stoke on trent but when I got my letter this morning the heading was Birmingham job centre. When I telephone and asked for the reasons for the decission they confirmed that it was being delt with my Henly. On my letter it says return to Birmingham.

Would I be right in assuming that I retun it to the Birmingham address and they will forward it on or should I check this further.

Hi P,

They have set up IB to ESA Migration Teams at different geographical locations. The one that dealt with your migration may well be many miles away from where you live.

Once you have been migrated, the administration of your ESA will be dealt with by a different office.

I would address any correspondence to the address on your WRAG award letter.

As long as you put your name and address on the back of the envelope, and include you name. NI Number and DOB, on any separate pages inside, it should be diverted to the correct department.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101948 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

Rose Hip wrote: Just picking up the point about the 'written statement of reasons', this was stated on theGL24 form I downloaded from the gov.site and they say that they should respond within 14 days when you ask for a written as opposed to a verbal or face-to-face response as to how the decision was made. They actually state that this request for it in writing extends the one month appeal period and that they send a revised appeal deadline with their response.
Is that not worth doing then?

Hi,

It is entirely up to you, on how you deal with this, we do however recommend that you submit an appeal in the first instance.

In the past three years, we have only had one member who has actually received a Written Statement of Reasons, and this was with a "fit for work" decision.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• Ms Lorraine Kay
11 years 1 month ago #101950 by Ms Lorraine Kay
Replied by Ms Lorraine Kay on topic WRAG
Thankyou bro58. for all the advice.
I have bookmarked this thread and will be boning up on its contents.
Am ordering fresh supplies of medication to get me through this farce.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101953 by bro58

Rose Hip wrote: Thankyou bro58. for all the advice.
I have bookmarked this thread and will be boning up on its contents.
Am ordering fresh supplies of medication to get me through this farce.

No problem :)

If you get stuck with anything please reply to this topic, and we will try to help.

When your username changes, I will clear up any remnants of your original name within the topic.

bro58

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101970 by bro58
Hi RH,

Username has now been changed, and references to original username within the topic thread cleaned up. :)

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102179 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Hi, I wonder if you could answer a few or questions please.

1. Is the decision maker a HCP?

2. My claim was sent to three different centres in the same amount of weeks. Do they scan
the claim and send it electronically or do they use couriers?

3. I sent additional information which reached them on Friday 22nd March at the second
centre. My decision letter was dated 27th March and was sent from a different centre.
Could they have possible taken the additional information into account given they only
received the information at a different centre 3 working days before they sent my decision
letter?

4. On the appeal form they ask if you are bringing a representative. My daughter has said that
she will come but if you want to change your representative at a latter dater is this allowed?

5. I have used the esa appeal guild example letter to get any information relating to my claim
and not the SAR will this be ok?

6. Finally are there organisations in the west midlands area that will represent you at a tribunal?

Many thanks once again for your help

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.