× Members

WRAG

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102792 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Finally got a copy of my medical records from my GP and just stiffing through to see what to send with my appeal. Some of the letters have other information in them so would it be a good idea to highlight the section that I think provides evidence or should I just let the troll through them. This probably sounds like a stupid question but I think these forms are making me a bit paranoid.

Hi P,

You can highlight certain relevant extracts. You should only do this to copies though, and take into account the colour of highlighter used,is to how it would appear on a photocopy.

You could also astrix or underline certain extracts, (again on the copy)

You should then draw reference to the "highlighted" extracts within the relevant section of The ESA50.

As always, put your name, NI Number and DOB at the head of any added pages.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102867 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Hi,
I’ve received a p45 this morning from the job centre, do I send this to the benefits office that’s dealing with my esa claim? I’m sending my appeal special delivery on Monday so will it be ok to put it in the same envelope or should I keep it separate in case it’s not passed on. Sorry to ask what might seem daft questions but I just want to make sure that I’m doing things right
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102868 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi,
I’ve received a p45 this morning from the job centre, do I send this to the benefits office that’s dealing with my esa claim? I’m sending my appeal special delivery on Monday so will it be ok to put it in the same envelope or should I keep it separate in case it’s not passed on. Sorry to ask what might seem daft questions but I just want to make sure that I’m doing things right

There's no need for you to send the P45 to the DWP, keep it for your own tax records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102870 by P
Hi I have all 3 parts of the p45. Are WRAP payments not taxable? I'm just worried that they will put me on BR (basic rate tax) if I don't pass on part 3. I used to be a payroll manager but that was some years ago so keeping the whole of the p45 tends to goes agains what I was taught. Mind you things may have changed now but I just wanted to make absolutly sure.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102872 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi I have all 3 parts of the p45. Are WRAP payments not taxable? I'm just worried that they will put me on BR (basic rate tax) if I don't pass on part 3. I used to be a payroll manager but that was some years ago so keeping the whole of the p45 tends to goes agains what I was taught. Mind you things may have changed now but I just wanted to make absolutly sure.

Contribution Based ESA is liable to tax but will not itself be taxed as the DWP do not process tax for any benefit, so if you have other income that is liable to tax then you need to contact HMRC to tell them that you are also receiving ESA(CB).

Basically it will depend on whether your taxable income exceeds your Personal Allowance, ESA(CB) on it's own will not do this.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102886 by P
Thanks, yes it does.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.